Paula Deen

Dropped by Walmart

6/26/2013 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0626-paula-deen-tmz-walmart
Another one bites the dust ... Paula Deen has just been dropped by Walmart.

The retail giant just released a statement, saying, "We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed."

Walmart is Paula's latest business partner to sever ties with the celebrity chef in the wake of her n-word scandal ... a list that includes the Food Network, the Caesars casino company, and the ham company Smithfield.

Deen appeared on "Today" this morning, offering a tearful apology -- saying, "If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back ... please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me."

0626_PAULA_DEEN_HAPPIER_FOOTER

Black

So can black people say "white trash cracker"?

Sandie

OMG let it go.I get this feeling since Paula's contract was up the of June that maybe the CEOs wanted a change now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.Oh yes it is so strange we had a President Mr Clinton,got away with sexual liaisons under the noses of the whole U.S. what is that all about?Now he is out getting a flock of moola for public speaking.What is wrong with picture?

alicia

The kicked I needed to quit Walmart for Target!!!

Ed

I've gone a step further and wrote these hypocrites at Walmart. Dropping this lady's contract yet keeping contracts with D Dre who passes around the N word like its some loving endea able term. Boycott Walmart!

Angela Brown

Screw Walmart,I love Paula,and there is more stores to spend my money at.Will continue to support Paula Dean and will still use my cookwear.They will regret it,and loose many customers over this.Hello Paula.....So long Walmart.

Mac440

People don't get it; It is just about using the N-word.
Her wish of/reference to a plantation type wedding really showed that she is nuts, really out of control.
I'm glad companies are severing their ties with her because she should have been dead in 1964!

roberta stonehouse

Shame on you Walmart! I think people need to rethink their need for your store!~ Im following her for the future!

Proud2bBlack

Yeap, she deserves it! Tiger got dropped for committing adultery so why should be exempt from being a racist pig. Shame & fame go hand in hand.

Trash

Once this liberal attitude of give the lazy everything has run its course and the producers of this country tire of these racist...it will have backfired on them. These companies are pandering the the lazy EBT card blacks. When the EBT card well dries up there go their customers. The ones that footed their bill won't forget. Bye bye.

SDB

She said that she's sorry for using the N-Word,after this latest drop by the retail giant;I bet she's saying it now.LOL

kitnplayn

I LUV IT. That will teach this beatch a lesson about demeaning people by using racist words. This is the best advertising for society to realize that it is not acceptable.

Danielle123

The issue is that when people hear racist, they don't think of white, southern, charming, woman. Their mind immediately goes to a white man - a "redneck", as they call themselves. So now that the image instilled in your mind and the actual person is not matching up, many people (black and white) are "cutting her slack" so to speak, because what they see and what has been presented to them is a sweet lady, when the person on the inside is truly anything but. If Paula Deen's exterior was different - and she instead was a white male, this "cutting slack" reaction ad response would be completely different and we all know that.

my2cents

About the stone comment, be careful what you wish for. A ham wasn't enough?

Rich

This is a train outta control. Without a Black president, this wouldn't be an issue. You ask for it...you got it!!!! How's the "we can" working out for you???

deena

Well, guess I'll find me another store to shop at!