Paula Deen

Dropped by Walmart

6/26/2013 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0626-paula-deen-tmz-walmart
Another one bites the dust ... Paula Deen has just been dropped by Walmart.

The retail giant just released a statement, saying, "We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed."

Walmart is Paula's latest business partner to sever ties with the celebrity chef in the wake of her n-word scandal ... a list that includes the Food Network, the Caesars casino company, and the ham company Smithfield.

Deen appeared on "Today" this morning, offering a tearful apology -- saying, "If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back ... please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me."

0626_PAULA_DEEN_HAPPIER_FOOTER

HumanNature

PAULA DEEN STATED THAT SHE WAS PLANNING TO EMPLOY BLACK MALE SERVERS TO REPRESENT SLAVES IN A SOUTHERN PLANTATION STYLE THEME FOR HER BROTHER'S WEDDING!!!!!

NOW, THIS BOTHERS ME MORE THAN THE "N" WORD!!!!!

lsutiger3134

I personally do not think it's appropriate for anyone to use the n-word. Paula has been blessed by so much, that there's no reason she would use such a derogatory word. As a public figure she should set an example and not use it. I live in the south and most educated people either say such things behind closed doors or not at all-I personally don't say it at all.

BigMunKnee

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again; Paula Deen is nothing but the SCAPEGOAT & PAWN for the rich/powerful/elite in the world of Hollywood, celebrityism, politics, elitism!!! Paula had the BALLS to "own it",...something that the other 99.999% of members of the aforementioned "groups", WOULDN'T. Furthermore, I bet that 99% of that 99.999% THEMSELVES, have used the N-word AT LEAST once in their lives!! I'm not saying that I condone or accept the use of the N-word (or ANY racist/hurtful slang directed towards ANY race/creed/color/etc.) by Paula Deen or anyone else for that matter. What I'm saying is that she (Paula) was BIG ENOUGH to ADMIT THAT SHE SAID IT,...that she SINCERELY REGRETS and is SORRY for using it,...and that she could've simply DENIED IT or REFUTED IT, like 99% of the other 99.999% of those who are CRUCIFYING HER would!! Keep strong Paula Deen!! There's more of us in your corner than the ELITIST, HYPOCRITES of Hollywood/politics give credit for!!

Gypsy

It is totally ridiculous for everyone to be throwing the rocks she refers to. I am from a more Southern state than I live in now & that word was certainly used there. Because my Dad was a racist-I went totally the other way- choosing not to use the word but I certainly cannot state that I've never used it. Paula should have never lost her job, endorsements, etc. I'm sure there are many who have said that word plus have other prejudices in these corporations. I'm in Paula's corner all the way!!!

Itoldu

Walmart!!!
They are the last people who can judge who is a s***bag.
They've been screwing the American taxpayer for years .

BG73

TMZ said Paula had a tearful apology on the Today show. Nope. First, there were no tears. Secondly, she never said, "I'm sorry."

Jinx

100% tolerance ,that is what we need today. People will learn by mistake, we don't need to ruin some one life . No One is perfect! If we don't give tolerance ,we will not tolerance.

shir

Wal Mart has its nerve..........

Jinx

We will not be tolerated.

Cheryl

I will never go shop at Walmart ...EVER AGAIN

Kath1

People today are too quick to find fault in others. Look in the mirror first! On that same note regarding her "soap opera" drama on tv acting like she was so upset..... which I didn't fall for, would have been much nicer if she had simply said: I really made a poor judgment in saying this and I apologize....... and just leave it at that . But I haven't heard her say that.
I must also comment that if the N word is SO BAD and the black population is so offended then many of them shouldn't be calling each other the N word! Remove it from everyone's vocabulary! Its a bit two faced as I see it.

jen

Good and may more follow! Now she has time to better plan her slave themed party with all black waiters.

Olemiss2012

This is horrible

Jinx

You are only human , Yes you are FORGIVEN, people are losing there minds over every thing. It is very sad. God blessed you and he will always be there for you. Much love J?

Cyrina

since when is a person saying the N word 10 or 20 years ago more important then someone stomping all over a American flag on video more important??? I for one care more about Lil Wayne stomping on a flag that's on the ground in front of children a few weeks ago then Paula Dean saying the N word 10 or 20 years ago!!!!!