Paula Deen

Dropped by Walmart

6/26/2013 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0626-paula-deen-tmz-walmart
Another one bites the dust ... Paula Deen has just been dropped by Walmart.

The retail giant just released a statement, saying, "We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed."

Walmart is Paula's latest business partner to sever ties with the celebrity chef in the wake of her n-word scandal ... a list that includes the Food Network, the Caesars casino company, and the ham company Smithfield.

Deen appeared on "Today" this morning, offering a tearful apology -- saying, "If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back ... please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me."

0626_PAULA_DEEN_HAPPIER_FOOTER

Diamond

Paula Deen's star has burned out. Another will take its place. The circle of life (celebrity)

Danielle123

Paula is getting dropped because of her ****ty reputation now. She's involved in too many negative things at the moment and is getting dropped like ANY celebrity would. Tiger cheated on his wife (a private matter) and his sponsors dropped him in an instant. Paula was recently in the hot seat for withholding her type 2 diabetes all the while promoting food that causes diabetes on her show to her fans. Then only decides to disclose it once she signs on to promote a drug for diabetes. It's all morally wrong. She's currently the defendant of a lawsuit (along with her brother) in which numerous claims are made against them both, regarding racism and sexual harassment in the workplace. From the wanting blacks to dress up and tap dance like the good ol Shirley Temple days to calling a worker "my little monkey". It's all wrong, very wrong. And again, like any other celeb, she was dropped. It's not an overreaction to the N word, it's the fact that Paula is undoubtedly stuck in the past and has no morale about herself. No company wants that to support that as it is simply a bad look. Walmart won't be missing anything by dropping her and I can bet none of you are going to stop shopping there so quit with your BS threats.

Helen

Shame on walmart ! I remember when your logo was american made products and you claimed to sell only american products well then you changed yet you didnt say hey we are now selling junk made in sweat shops from overseas nope you slipped it all in, anyone would be lucky now to find an american product in your stores ! Paula sells cookware and cakes put it on the shelf if people buy it fine if not send it back to the supplier I guess now we are not allowed so pick whos cookware we buy ! Bs

Sharyn

How about someone explaining the difference in Trayvon Martin calling someone a "crazy-a$$ cracker", like the presecutor's witness stated today that he said - and Paula Deen saying the N word YEARS ago. What a double standard. How about that one, Harvey and staff?

Pink89

It's just a word people!!!!!! originates with the Latin word "*****" which translates to "black". Similar words for "black" exist in other languages (Spanish, for example, is "negro"). Also somewhat relates to the African country *****ia, which is primarily black. Many variations exist, including "Nig", "Nigel", "Niggy", "Niggly", etc.

jenniferlynn329

OMG Walmart! You're supposed to carry 'everything'. Now you don't. Stop being a part of this 'conversation' and just sell stuff!! If the sales on those items drop, THEN you know to drop the items. Jeesh.

Sharyn

Paula was on the witness stand, under sworn oath, and answered honestly, even though she said it happened years ago. Question is: would you rather have someone LIE and commit PERJURY, in order to be politically-correct, or have someone tell the truth?

Mr Barcliff

Im a black man a Malcolm X pro black man I might add and this woman saying what she did doesnt justify her losing her endorsements/etc., PERIOD! Though I dont like racism, I respect Mrs. Dean and her honesty. People should be given at least a 2nd chance. She "admitted" she used the n-word, and that says alot about her "current" character. So sorry for her, she is being made out to be a Klan member. REAL RACIST, DONT, I REPEAT, DONT BACK DOWN WHEN ACCUSED OF BEING RACIST, THEY DONT DO IT! Clearly, Mrs. Dean isnt a racist. And as for the use of the n-word, as a pro black man, until we as blacks stop calling one another this name, we need to check ourselves before we SCREAM RACIST when used by others. What other race demeans itself like we do. Im more ashamed when we use it as blacks than hearing a 66 year old woman from Georgia used it when robbed(i Understand her anger at the time) and other times. WALMART, give Mrs. Dean a second chance. No black person with common sense wishes this on her, she has support from many of us, im sure, well i know she has support from me!!! LGNM

average jane

Is this a joke??? Absolutely ridiculous!!! Hopefully people will start boycotting the companies who are dropping her. So many other places to get great recipes than Food Network and Target is a WAY better store than Walmart.

Mdwfa

People need to understand that Paula has been dropped due to the things that she admitted to in the deposition... things other than the N word. Read the deposition transcript! Educate yourself before you make a judgement .

Bigmack10

The prejudice are the majority.

roys4x4

Not that i'm trying to start a racial debate but I believe that there is a double standard going on we have BET(Black entertainment television) could you imagine what would happen if we had a WET (White entertainment television) Just saying we as a nation need to be judged the same.

eqquesz

It;s getting pretty bad for Paula Deen- Even the Chinese are on Wal- Mart's shopping list.

Georgia Smith

I am seeing constant posts about the ''Paula Deen situation'' right and left on my stream. I am trying my best to not get involved with any of the disputes, conversations, or debates. To be quite honest, I don't have the energy for the ignorance or the arguments. But I will state my opinion, as I do live in a FREE country and feel the need to express and extend my right. Anyway, here goes:

Everyone keeps saying, just let it go, turn your head. She is sorry. I am sure many a head and ear was turned when Hitler gained power too. It is the main reason he WAS so successful in his horrific endeavors. I am not saying this ordeal even comes close to the tragedy of the Holocaust genocidal nightmare, but I am sure Mr. Eli Weisel (Google him), a noble peace prize winner, and Holocaust survivor, would not agree with turning our heads. I heard him speak on the Holocaust over 16 yrs ago at Walter's State College here in Morristown, Tennessee and his closing words were, ''Let us never forget, or ignore racism even in its smallest forms, for once we forget... events such as the Holocaust WILL and can happen again.''

the end.

STFU

About darn time, Walmart.