« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Aaron Hernandez

Dropped By Puma

6/27/2013 11:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0627_hernandez_puma
And boom goes the dynamite ... NFL star Aaron Hernandez' biggest sponsor PUMA has just dropped him like a hot potato.

A rep for PUMA tells TMZ, "PUMA has ended the relationship with athlete Aaron Hernandez in light of the current situation."

Hernandez signed the 2-year endorsement deal with PUMA in April 2013 as the face of its "training category." It's unclear how much the deal was worth ... but safe to say, a lot.

As we reported, Hernandez is currently in custody awaiting his murder trial. Hernandez was charged with 1st degree murder and 5 other gun-related charges in connection with the death of a 27-year-old former semi-pro football player named Odin Lloyd.

Hernandez is being held without bail.

0627_aaron_hernandez_puma_campaign

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kash511

What took them so long?? I thought they would've beat the NFL

braintrain

I honestly thought puma went out of business...

Kelsey

TMZ, no one cares about this guy!

Macker1283

Let me save TMZ some time and go out on a limb and announce that a guy in jail for 1st degree murder is probably going to lose all his sponsorships. Don't have to announce each one.

your own luck

Yes, I would imagine it would be hard to keep any endorsement

Los Pepes

Am I the only one who noticed the cop car was #32 that picked him up?t

Jordan

I would suspect that PUMA would drop him since Hernandez would be in Breach of Contract being in Jail for at the least the next year or more.

your own luck

What I was trying to say, was that It would be hard to keep any endorsement WHEN YOU MURDER SOMEONE.

The Real JJ

Who wears Puma anyway? They should have kept him. They need all the publicity they can get.

Vince

But But But he could have been the prison leage spokes person for puma...." When I plan and escape I aways make sure to ware my pumas"...pan to a guy sprinting away from a high fence with sirens going off.....

Nancy

Puma is still around??

ohboyohboy

I wonder what took so long.... OAN, who wears puma???

Cherie

NOW THIS IS A GOOD REASON TO BE DROPPED, KINDA MAKES DROPPIN PAULA D. LOOK STUPID

Alexsandra Nouri

This Hernandez guy, I don't know but.... I'm 97% sure he is being framed.
His movements and actions as to what I have witness in little pieces of news coverage.... He is not guilty regardless of his past conflicts. Just an observation, I believe he is innocent. Not unless he is a experience killer and a pathological lier which in this case could be possible, he is hiding very good!

Don't know why my gut feeling is telling me he is innocent.

jargon nelhouse

Puma's are very deadly animals.
He would be a better spokseman than most.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments