Paula Deen

Spineless QVC Folds

... Drops Deen (Sorta)

6/27/2013 3:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0627_paula_deen_QVC

After waiting around to see which way the wind blew ... QVC -- like a lemming -- followed the rest of Paula Deen's partners and dropped the chef in the wake of the n-word scandal.

Initially, QVC refused to take a stand -- saying they were closely monitoring the situation.

Now, after just about every company connected to Deen jumped ship ... QVC has sheepishly made its move ... announcing Paula will not appear on any upcoming broadcasts ... for now.

In fact, the head of QVC released a statement saying, "Some of you may wonder whether this is a 'forever' decision – whether we are simply ending our association with Paula. We don’t think that’s how relationships work. People deserve second chances. And we always strive to do the right thing."   One question:  Huh?

For her part, Paula released her own statement regarding the QVC split, saying, "As you know, I have some important things to work on right now, both personally and professionally. And so we’ve agreed that it’s best for me to step back from QVC and focus on setting things right."

Who's next?

0627_facial_expression_paua_deen_footer

William

Lord have Mercy! she went down faster thanJim Baker & PTL. People say the "N" word every single night in comedy clubs all across the country & they don't get in trouble. I'am black and i still like Paula she's very funny.

hardon

The racist loser's in the south just don't get.

Ron

Why the double standard? J. Jackson calls Obama a n@#$%^r at the D.M.C. on an open mike and its OK

This is just Bull S#$t

Trash

As usual tmz is ripping down posts that do go along with their liberal agenda.

LittleBIt

One thing I wish QVC WOULD do is to drop some of their big mouth, non-stop talking TV hosts!! I have watched that show at times, and the person trying to sell their merchandise has to almost SCREAM over the host even though his/her help is NOT needed to sell the product. Some are very capable of describing and selling their own products with absolutely NO help from the hyped-up host, but a few of these "hosts" will NOT shut up for a friggin minute!!! They even interrupt the person talking about their product, constantly butting in and they p*ss me off so bad I end up changing the channel. I bet Im not the only one who has noticed this or has turned it off because of the motor-mouth host. I used to watch QVC quite a lot but no more. It just makes me mad. I dont know if some of these women hosts are on coke or if they just inhaled 10 or 15 cups of coffee, but they are not helping QVC. They need to be told to SHUT THE F*** UP and let the seller talk about their own product until the seller needs help from the host. I would fire at least 5 of the QVC hosts immediately. I hope they see this post.

Just_Me

Good.....maybe all you racist idiots will finally realize that there are consequences to your behavior.

BSname

Anyone else notice that the TMZ headlines were originally Anti-Paula Deen and now that the public is more sympathetic to her the headlines have swung the other way? TMZ is the one that it spineless.

hotandcold

When WalMart drops you, you know it's gotta be bad...

BettyBoopMi

What I don't understand is I see it on TV shows, black comedians etc. where black people say ****** at each other or jokes, but that's okay??? What a double standard

JiLL1

How can anybody be so ignorant? The more she talks, the more ridiculous & clueless she sounds.

dfmay18

Paula should have stopped her brother BUBBA years ago. He's an alcoholic abusive racist..read JACKSON V DEEN on google ...its the actual court do***ent..

dfmay18

Court do***ent..

dfmay18

..court paper...

Darius

What, all white people riding buses should sit at the back or else they'll be accused of being racists?

the_misses

I See A Lot Of People Arguing "Freedom Of Speech"... Everyone Has The Right To Exercise Their Freedom Of Speech...Just BE Prepared To Face The Consequences!!