Paula Deen

Spineless QVC Folds

... Drops Deen (Sorta)

6/27/2013 3:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0627_paula_deen_QVC

After waiting around to see which way the wind blew ... QVC -- like a lemming -- followed the rest of Paula Deen's partners and dropped the chef in the wake of the n-word scandal.

Initially, QVC refused to take a stand -- saying they were closely monitoring the situation.

Now, after just about every company connected to Deen jumped ship ... QVC has sheepishly made its move ... announcing Paula will not appear on any upcoming broadcasts ... for now.

In fact, the head of QVC released a statement saying, "Some of you may wonder whether this is a 'forever' decision – whether we are simply ending our association with Paula. We don’t think that’s how relationships work. People deserve second chances. And we always strive to do the right thing."   One question:  Huh?

For her part, Paula released her own statement regarding the QVC split, saying, "As you know, I have some important things to work on right now, both personally and professionally. And so we’ve agreed that it’s best for me to step back from QVC and focus on setting things right."

Who's next?

0627_facial_expression_paua_deen_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

BaddieBrit

Please Dnt reference "cracker " to the N wood. A cracker is food . I Cnt even count 1 time of a African American or any person of color refer to a white as a cracker so kill that **** quick

3Storms

Typical leftists ad their "one strike and you're out" policy of attacking to destroy anyone who even reotely offends them. She made a mistake. You don't need to destroy her whole life for it. Blacks and hispanics are racist every single day, and you don't care. In fact just yesterday at the Trayvon htrial his friend was racist and indicated he was too, and no one even cared. But that double-standard is ok...................

maria

I am a huge QVC customer.........I should say was a huge customer........they caved like a spinless jellyfish, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

DW1982

There is always youtube or vimeo. She has enough to rent and produce at a studio and stream her show. It won't have the massive audience of QVC, but she won't fade away into obscurity either.

ds

I think this whole thing has been blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION!

gcain(detroit)

everyone is taking paulas side saying how her sponsors are going too far. why didnt anyone speak up for tiger woods when he lost his endorsements.

Stewart83

She didnt just say the N word .. why do people keep saying that?? she defended slavery and compared someone to a black wall !! WHy do people keep saying she used the N word once years ago in the deposition she clearly stated that she uses the n word doesnt everybody? then goes on today show and says she used it once she is a liar and a racist ! and btw not everbody uses that word i dont if u dont like the word why use it why not say idiot or a**hole?

jerry

Unbelievable~~wow~~~My friend Lynn has just married to a handsome rich men They met through~~ ~RichŴoo. Coм ~~The largest dating site for meeting successful singles. the place to meet millionaires for fun, romance and relationships. Meet and chat instantly with millionaires from all over the world with instant messenger system!!! hope you will like it.
dgfdg

thuglove39

I got so tired of folks say well blacks and rappers say the nword all the time I guess that makes it okay for everyone to say it gtfoh,nobody should be using that word I don't give a flying crap who you are it's hurtful word.i do think its bit overkill on Paula Deen she said sorry she admitted it when she did not even have to

casey

Obviously ...there is MUCH more to this story than Paula just using the N word 30 years ago .........or these sponsors would not be dropping her like this

Squeeker

I woke up this morning to see that QVC has taken a step back from supporting Paula Deen what a bunch of chicken S%@&S. Well I have shopped there for over 25 years and I will be taking a step back and will start shopping at HLN the way they handled this was sneaky they should have been up front instead of cowering in the background!!!

Gary Robert Heisley

Sense you dropped Paula deen we wont be buying much if anything from QVC again.What a crock

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9