« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Doink the Clown

Pro Wrestler Dies at 55

6/28/2013 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0628_doink_article
update_bar3:15 PM PT  TMZ has learned police in Plano, Texas ... where Doink's body was found ... have launched a homicide investigation.

However, sources tell us, the investigation is really just a matter of following S.O.P. -- and that all early indications are his death was accidental.

No weapons were found on the scene. An autopsy is pending.
0314_divider_graphic

Ex-WWE star Doink the Clown -- a hugely popular wrestler in the '90s -- was found dead today in Texas.

Doink, real name Matt Osborne, was known for pulling pranks on the other wrestlers ... all while decked out in full greasepaint and a green wig.

Details about Doink's death are unclear at this point -- but his girlfriend reportedly found him dead in her home ... where he'd been staying lately.

After leaving the WWE, he continued wrestling for ECW and independent leagues ... still sporting the clown costume.

More recently, he's been attending wrestling conventions and doing autograph sessions with fans.

Doink was 55.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Toilethead

Doink was one of my favorite bad guys.

ted moroz

just weird..

metalrob72

TMZ, Doink was a character originally portrayed by Matt Osbourne and later by Ray Apollo (who is in the picture you posted), as well as several other wrestlers.

tgrfan42069

i bet dink did it or maybe it was one of jerry lawlers midgets

Petite

Matt Osborne, R.I.P.
Side note~My older sister dated Kerry Von Erich in the early 90's, right before his death. She told me he was doing drugs to maintain his career. Before we could talk her out of seeing him, he died.

Scott Levy

Rest in peace funny man!

Y88.in

May God rest his soul....at fist I got mixed up with the charachter from the simsons...later realizing this was a great wrestler & entertainer

joke

I remember his midge buddy dink lol

Cazz8203

pretty obvious that not only are TMZ staff members a bunch of ****s, but also everyone on this comment thread....laugh it up ****s

Beaners

A friend of mine (LadyJane) dated him briefly back around 10 years ago, met him and seemed to be a nice guy. R.I.P. Doink

bored

sorry never liked Doink... and I love wrestling

Jill

HOW DARE YOU HATERS!!I can't believe the comments that I have read. Matt Osborn (Doink) was a wonderful and funny man. I have known him for over 20 years and he was a good friend. Friends and family read these types of things and how can you be so cold. A human has died and some of us are grieving. RIP Matt, you were loved by many...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3