« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

77-Yr-Old Golf Legend

I Was Born to Strip Naked

for ESPN 'Body Issue'

6/28/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0627_gary_player_getty77-year-old pro golfer Gary Player didn't do a lick of extra training for his naked debut as the oldest man ever in ESPN's "Body Issue" -- dude says he's been in tip-top shape since birth ... aka the '30s ... yeah, he's that old.

Gary tells TMZ, “I did not do anything special for the shoot" ... other than busting his hump working outdoors on his farm in South Africa everyday for a few months prior to dropping trou for ESPN.

He added, "I was already relaxed, tanned and ready to go.”

Before Gary flashed the family jewels for the shoot 2 weeks ago in Miami ... he says ESPN treated him like a king and provided a serious spread of his fav foods -- including crudités, fresh fruit, hummus, salad, and herbal tea. No wonder GP's in great shape.

As for the whole naked thing, Gary says it didn't bother him one bit -- "I was relaxed and confident in my own skin to do this."

Work it.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lucy in the Sky

Ummmmm........ Why?

Elizabeth Alan

Well I guess if I start drinking Tequila now, maybe...

L

This is the kind of crap that you end up with when a magazine takes themself too seriously.

Kiranda

Love a guy who's comfortable in his own skin and not full of himself at the same time. No matter what age!

JR Jake

Gary has always been in great shape. Great muscle tone and body control generating a lot of strength in his golf game. Gary is only about 5'4" but can drive a ball with some of the best during his day. Golfing Farmer, huh? Has a great ring to it. Good for you Gary. Yes you were born with great genes.

hollowx

Why the hell did ESPN think this was a good idea?

hollowx

was it a coffin shoot?

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Hopefully they filmed through many many layers of cheesecloth.

Nobrows

Kid of a weird thing to do. Hope Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus don't follow suit.