JCPenney

Bye Bye Paula

6/28/2013 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0628_paula_deen_article_jcpenny_tmz_3
Paula Deen
's officially the least popular kid on the playground ... JCPenney just severed ties with the celebrity chef in the wake of her n-word scandal.

A rep for the department store released a statement today, saying, "We can confirm that jcpenney has decided to discontinue selling Paula Deen branded merchandise."

JCP had sold Deen-brand kitchen products ... which is good news for Martha Stewart.

The retail giant is the latest to run for the hills -- Target, Home Depot, QVC, Kmart, Sears, and Walmart (to name a few) have already dumped Paula.

hbk72777

"Target, Home Depot, QVC, Kmart, Sears, and Walmart, JC PENNY"

Half of those stores won't even be in business in 5 years. KMart, Sears, Penny's are all done.

elilan

this whole issue is such a non-event. wtf.

Lil

This is all so unfair. Show me one person that has not said the n word or the wet back or the filipino or the asains on and on omg to be cruicified for that is stupid.

steveclemo

I can't believe Walmart , JCpenney and Target used the same woman as their spokesperson. Show me a woman in her sixties from the south who hasn't used word n....gger and I will show you a liar. I hope she gets a break. She is number one and number two on Amazon.com s best seller list at the moment, and I am happy for her. She deserves a break and the "hippo"crates that are judging her are retards. I wish her the best, but maybe now they will use someone who focuses more on healthier food as a spokesperson.

Paula

Bye-bye JC Penney. When will this double standard end? Can any person of color do whatever the hell they want and still have sponsors? Apparently so. What about Alec Baldwin and his latest rant on Twitter? Has Capital One dropped HIM yet? Why not? Race will continue to be an issue in America until it is not longer used as an EXCUSE for bad behavior.

Butterfly

I have NEVER, NEVER watched Paula Deen's show nor have I purchased her products, however, all these many companies who have kicked her out, have gone far beyond reason. Ms Deen brought them millions and millions in profits, so, this is how they thank her by playing "follow the leader???" Time will tell when the public "kicks them out!" The "N" word was a popular word many, many years ago, but now, rightfully, unacceptable. I was on my way to Sears to replace my kitchen waste disposal but now, I will purchase from, Lowe's.

Hannah

WOW, the Liberal media really pounced on this one.
Where is the outrage for liar, cheat and thief Lois Lerner?

Jennifer

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SEXISM IN THIS COUNTRY AND HOW CERTAIN MEN ARE TAKING AWAY WOMEN'S RIGHTS IN THE WORKPLACE TO FEED THE EGO. AND WHEN A WOMAN SPEAKS UP SHE IS DOWNCASTED BY BOTH GENDERS. hush hush.... sick of it!

Marlyn

so glad!!! thanks Penny's!

DTM

I wonder if Ellen DeGenerous will come to Deen's defense?

If only Paula you donated 50K to Obama, none of this would have happened. IMO.

crazy k

This is just a witch hunt!

lana

I am glad Deen has finally been caught. Can't stand her. She is so fake I believe she is a racist.

eagle

she says something stupid 40 years ago and is ostracized, idiot baldwin is a clear homophobe and gets a pass because???

Rebecca

you know what she is just the person to pick on this month you judgmental *******s double standard is all it is this month picking on a old woman next week Lindsey Lohan lets just let society screw everybody life up because I guess some people dosent have one

Mrs. Scrumbee

Paula came from the deep- south. That is how everyone spoke. She has apologizes. If you are so perfect, without a blemish, then please by all means pick up that first stone. I can't because some where in my past I've said or done something that I am not proud off. This is America, the land of second chances. Give her a break. J C Penny's looks like I won't be going into your store ever again. Mrs. Scrumbee