Jennifer Lopez

Crisis Mode After Gig For

Alleged Evil World Leader

6/30/2013 12:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0630_jennifer_lopez_tmz
Jennifer Lopez
made a quick buck Saturday putting on a show for one of the world's most repressive leaders ... but it might not have been worth it considering the s**t storm she's in now.

J.Lo's being blasted for putting on a special birthday concert in Avasa for the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow -- complete with a serenade of "Happy Birthday, Mr. President".

The reason being -- Gurbanguly's notorious for the widespread human rights abuses in his country: extreme censorship, ethnic repression, utilizing torture etc. Human Rights Watch considers Turkmenistan's gov one of the most repressive in the world.

A rep for J.Lo went straight into damage control today, hoping to take heat off the singer, explaining, "Had there been knowledge of human rights issues any kind, Jennifer would not have attended."

Do celebs not get Google?

Cricket

Perhaps she should read more than Vogue and her own press. This has been no secret. I'm no fan of JLo, nor have I ever been. She oozes arrogance, entitlement, a shallow thought process and selfish stupidity. Thank you for proving my point yet again, Ms. Lopez.

StevenB

So, I guess no one on her team thought to do a web search on the guy? I guess they were blinded by all the 0's on the check offered.

ANNETTE THOMAS

I BELIEVE SHE DID A LITTLE MORE THAN ATTEND.
DOESN'T SHE HAVE A DUTY TO KNOW WHO SHE IS PERFORMING FOR?

SDM

Why don't these so called rep or their Pr teams do a little research on who they perform for prior to accepting such gigs...hello??????

But it's money right and these celebrities will do whatever for the money regardless who they perform for. They don't care because it doesn't affect them in anyway.....take a lesson from Angeljna Jolie people and do some good in the world!!!!

Money talks and bull**** walks...

CelticOne

Doesn't she have an agent or something who books her gigs? Someone who researches stuff like this? How stupid can someone be? All about the dolla's!

ANNETTE THOMAS

I THINK SHE DID A LITTLE MORE THAN ATTEND! DOESN'T SHE HAVE A DUTY TO KNOW WHO SHE IS PERFORMING FOR?

CoconutScrimp

You know J-Ho was lip-syncing.

mandi

has she not got google or wikipedia ,dumbass!!!!

shannon2

Whore! While Gurbanguly kills us, she prostitutes herself to him by writhing her ancient whore body and singing vapid whore "songs"......and returns to the west to spend his money on whorish things! I guess my point is she's a whore.

TaitM

You're going to a country with a name like Turkmenistan, and you didn't bother to look up? C'mon now...I bet she was thinking "is it like Turkey?"

Carlav1

Of course she knew who she was performing for, make a quick buck first play stupid later!

Ozzie X

Self absorbed ****.

Laura

We're to believe that she, her lawyers, handlers, PR team, family, friends--nobody knew about this guy? Money grab--nothing else.

BLONDE LOVER

I like Jennifer Lopes. But I like that uppity blond on TMZ who is soooo stuck up!!

yes! shes a hottie! ;)

Obamais still aracist

Paula Deen did not sing to or for a man who has killed hundreds or thousands and look what happened to her for something she said 20 years ago, just because she is a old white lady