CBS & 'Big Brother'

We're OFFENDED By

Our Racist Houseguests

7/2/2013 4:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_big_brother_facebook
The honchos at CBS tell TMZ ... they were certainly OFFENDED by several racist and homophobic comments made by the current "Big Brother" houseguests ... but hey, that's live programming for ya.

The houseguests have been under fire from what appears to be the ENTIRE INTERNET over the following comments:

-- GinaMarie referred to welfare as “n**ger insurance”
-- Aaryn called gay contestant Andy a "queer."
-- Spencer referred to Andy as “Kermit the F**" ... and praised Hitler as a gifted speaker.

CBS has released a statement to TMZ ... saying, "We certainly find the statements made by several of the Houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive."

However, The Eye points out that 24/7 live programming can sometimes reveal some bad things about people ... saying, "At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone."

There have been rumors that Big Brother will be 86ing some of the offensive cast members -- but it certainly doesn't appear that's gonna happen.

Natasha316

There won't be anything done about the racism; it makes for good t.v; no drama, no ratings.

gerald e hinkle

I think they made a mistake by putting the lake night big brother on regular tv They mute most of what is being said and they go to a commerical every few minutes. that turned me off from watching the first nighr it was on. Maybe they should do like the europe big brother they show everthing and I mean everthing

Stormweather

This girl,, or should I say this RACIST! HOMOPHOBIC BULLY NEEDS TO GO???
Go to what ever hole she dug herself out off...
I cannot believe there are people in the world like this... It's unreal,,, where the hell is she from.... HELL? She is the devil.... A real live DEVIL.

Stormweather

The bigots need to go...

big daddy

NON of you weak liberal a$$ white people would have said a word if she was black and said it to a white person

allison

Dear Producers of Big Brother –
in lieu of the Zimmerman’s “not guilty” verdict, it is no longer acceptable to capitalize on racism to boost the show’s ratings. That verdict brought attention to the polarized racial lines in the United States. I am asking that CBS take an unprecedented stance and promptly remove Aaryn, GinaMarie, and Spencer from the house. Please stop indirectly supporting/ promoting racism (the show was more entertaining without it)

sandy8301

CBS should have removed Aaryn and Gina after that racist attack. Watching Candice and Howard leaving their bed after it was flipped over.and backing down from their racist attackers was heart breaking. Julie compared this to the real world and what goes on the only difference is you can walk away. Howard and Candice are captive to this hate with no escape.

Shame on CBS!!!!!
You had a chance to show America that Racial attacks are unacceptable.
For God sake you took someone off the show last year for a push
I guess CBS you see this as not as egregious.

SHAME ON BIG BROTHER AND CBS!!!!

sandy8301

I find it interesting That Julie made the comment on The Talk that the Asian racism was so troubling but the black comments did not effect her. All racist comments should effect us all.

sick of it

I am nauseous over this evening's Big Brother's show and it is almost just 30 minutes into the program. If the racists are not removed, I will not watch another show and I have watched every series of Big Brother as many others have. It is not entertainment, it is racist and is being tolerated by the network. I would have thought we as a country were passed this by now. It appears that is not the case and if not removed, I will be done with CBS entirely.

Cherrybomb11

PLEASE help me out! If you watch Big Brother on CBS or even just give a **** about human rights, please send a letter to CBS about the vile racist /homophobic verbal abuse that is being allowed on PRIMETIME TV. You can give feedback here:
I will be sending them complaints once an hour,every hour until something is done. I will also be sending the same letter to the LA times, NY times, Daily News, TMZ, posting on every comment page, message board, and pretty much anyone that will listen. THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED!
Thanks, people!

Mork12

Outraged???CBS?? Really??? ...This is the network that had Janet Jackson flash her breast to all the kiddies during the Superbowl, let's not pretend they have the moral high ground...The fact is they purposely cast a special needs girl named Zimmerman ( to coincide with the George Zimmerman trial) because they knew she had an 80 IQ no social filter...There is clearly a CBS agenda

Fujico45

I thought the world had come three quarter circle I guess not how much will we have to take!!!!!!!!

Fujico45

I believe they condone this type of behavior for ratings😒😠❕❕❕❕❕❕❕sad

Dak

Only we find out that Candice baited alot of these comments by acting out. I felt sorry for her at first but it quickly became apparent . They were all wrong for saying things, but Candice really plays this victim thing to the hilt, never lets it go, but she doesn't play the game. She really has no business being there. Jessie said she was there for a showmance, so neither does she. The blondes are way better than I thought of them early on. The person who brought the evil out in everyone was Kaitlyn. EVERYTHING changed when she walked out the door! Aaryn was a completely different person. Kaitlyn was a bad egg who brought the worst in everyone. I believe that!

Justjenny001