CBS & 'Big Brother'

We're OFFENDED By

Our Racist Houseguests

7/2/2013 4:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_big_brother_facebook
The honchos at CBS tell TMZ ... they were certainly OFFENDED by several racist and homophobic comments made by the current "Big Brother" houseguests ... but hey, that's live programming for ya.

The houseguests have been under fire from what appears to be the ENTIRE INTERNET over the following comments:

-- GinaMarie referred to welfare as “n**ger insurance”
-- Aaryn called gay contestant Andy a "queer."
-- Spencer referred to Andy as “Kermit the F**" ... and praised Hitler as a gifted speaker.

CBS has released a statement to TMZ ... saying, "We certainly find the statements made by several of the Houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive."

However, The Eye points out that 24/7 live programming can sometimes reveal some bad things about people ... saying, "At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone."

There have been rumors that Big Brother will be 86ing some of the offensive cast members -- but it certainly doesn't appear that's gonna happen.

benyayer joelle esther

well with name big brother you can expect something more serious well in france we got gardenner iss so and nsa sales car well seem type of jokes in fact

CarlyZ

Big Brother is ENTERTAINMENT for MONEY (advertiser and winning prize). Anyone who really thinks this is some sort of valid social experiment is a complete idiot.

As for CBS and networks in general: HYPOCRITES!!!

Food Network fired - and then allowed the unbridled vilification of Paula Deen for ADMITTING UNDER OATH that she said N!GG3R 25 years ago after she was held at gun point by a black man.

Then hypocritical companies like Walmart & Target (who use slave labor & pay associates poorly) fired her too.

But CBS lets these racist / homophobes stay on its show. PATHETIC. Les Moonves and his no-talent wife Julie Chen should be FIRED!

And AARYN? Really? I would've never guessed she comes from a RACIST FAMILY. Duh.

nblmbsag

Knowing who Aaryn put up as "have nots" was a blatant show of bigotry. Knowing she shouldn't have that opportunity because her and Jeremy cheated is worse. CBS BB doesn't care about her cheating? Why watch the show if somebody can cheat and then keep the minorities down. Bitch is going to have a target on her back. She says she welcomes the threats. She doesn't have a clue, AND...She is not the new Paula Deen. This girl grew up knowing about racism and prejudice. I grew up in the south in Paula's era, and didn't have a clue what it was until I joined the military. I was 19. I cried as hard when Martin Luther King died as I did when JFK was killed. I was a kid then. I thought MLK was fighting the police for equality; I didn't understand it was white people who were bigoted. Never heard word racist until the military. I have seen churches shut down because of a black person being allowed in and churches who still don't accept black people. We didn't know any better, but that was years ago. Maybe not an excuse, but today, they know better. They have TV, we didn't, ; they have desegregation, and we didn't even realize growing up why our black friends would not come to our school on visitor day. The racist on BB is not ignorant; they are true racist with knowledge of exactly what they are doing, and the fact it is wrong. CBS is just as guilty for not doing anything about it. And...to allow the raciest to cheat and make the minorities "have nots" shows me that CBS is racist, also.

ReginaM

I want an extreme close-up on each of their faces when they're being told that they've been fired/dropped.

Firetowerz Kris

y r these people still in the house? kind of ruins the viewing experience for Asians, blacks, and gays. There has to be some consequences even if its just the house being notified.

rukiddingme

I hate reality shows but this season of "Big Brother" has hit new lows! I think Julie Chen (the host??) should drive her Japanese car through the wall of wherever they do the "weekly interviews" (or whatever they are?) with the biggest rice cooker she can find along with Ross Matthews and Wesley Snipes and sit down with those racist *******s! I don't think she would have to say a word......wait, yes she would because anyone that racist is too stupid to realize what was really going on! Maybe the girls can now model for "Klan Weekly" since they lost their old jobs!

Aryugaetu

As I had written on BB FaceBook…

I'm glad I delayed paying to see the live feed, because there is no way I'd pay a cent to see the bigotry, racism and homophobia. If CBS did this type of casting intentionally to help insure conflict, this would probably halt all of my CBS viewing indefinitely. Once you get Gay bashed, the pain never stops, you become highly sensitive to all other types of bullying and those who support it. I don't think there are words to describe this lowest level of bullying, when it's choreographed intentionally by tv producers for money. Nothing but sick s.o.b.s hiding behind mirrors and monitors.

CBS's producers are magnitudes worse than Paula Dean. Putting lions in with the lambs then claiming it's not your fault if the lambs get killed, it's the lion's fault, we just video the action is a BS lame excuse. It's THEIR ACTION - They knowingly caused it!

Shawn

Yeah - typical 'We don't condone this' while ratings go up... sure these people and the antagonism wasn't pre-planned by the producers. it's all coincidence!

Liz

I'm sure CBS chose the contestants that they thought would be provocative, and now they have to live with those consequences. They've thrown people out for being violent, but not for offensive speech.

Choose Laughter

Hey, that's life in the U.S of A, no one is perfect, you have your bigots and your homophobes, supposed to be "reality" TV! There you have it!

Me

This is all for ratings...who really watches this show anymore (until now)? I doubt many people were willing to pay for the live feeds till now either. The producers are loving this. They act as if they can't do anything. Other contestants have been kicked off for violent acts. So they are essentially saying verbal abuse OK. No wonder many young people are so corrupt these days, it's from TV.

JR74

I think this might be all for rating so people are actually still talking about this show that I had no idea was even still on the air. My guess is that even with a live feed there is still this thing called a 5 second delay or cut the mic's. CBS should have removed those contestants from the competition immediately yet they want the controversy so people will actually tune in or talk about the show.

millabean

I only like a few house guests this season and there seems to be quit a bit of racist remarks and bulling also Jeremy calling women the b word is just disrespectful and if Elissa gets voted out this week while people like GM,Aryn, and Jeremy stay with their horrible comments and behavior then I'm done with the show and will not watch it again. And with the show not addressing or penalizing the guests they are saying that this type of behavior is ok its just not right

Natasha316

There won't be anything done about the racism; it makes for good t.v; no drama, no ratings.

gerald e hinkle

I think they made a mistake by putting the lake night big brother on regular tv They mute most of what is being said and they go to a commerical every few minutes. that turned me off from watching the first nighr it was on. Maybe they should do like the europe big brother they show everthing and I mean everthing