'Biggest Loser' Star

Sued By Fitness Company

You Can't Get Fat Again!!!

7/8/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0708_tara_costa_facebook_nbc
As if re-gaining a bunch of weight wasn't bad enough, former "Biggest Loser" star Tara Costa is now being SUED for porking up again ... and it could cost her a lot of money, TMZ has learned.

FC Online Marketing -- which owns ILoveKickboxing.com -- has filed a lawsuit against Costa claiming it entered into a fitness promotional agreement with the reality star ... but she didn't hold up her end of the bargain.

The deal breaker ... FCOM  says Costa -- who famously lost 155 POUNDS on "The Biggest Loser: Couples 2" back in 2009 -- had re-gained "far too much weight" in 2011 to represent the brand in photo shoots and public appearances.

FCOM says it paid Costa's foundation $45,000 in exchange for her image and likeness ... but since she got fat again, her image has lost all value to the company.

FCOM is now suing Costa for breaching the don't-get-fat agreement, demanding unspecified damages.

For what it's worth ... from Costa's recent Twitter pics, it appears she's back down to her fighting weight (or close to it) but FCOM insists the damage is already done. Attempts to reach Costa were not successful.

0708_tara_costa_nbc2

billybob

She has just heavy bones... in the belly.

Jon

This what it comes down to TMZ, you are so sad

Jon

So it's alright when they hire them to put on weight. Then lose it again to promote their product of choice. This is how it is done in the advertising world wake up people.

tom p

here's to all you fatties out there: MOOOOOOOOOO

courtney

ummm she still looks great, and stays very active, she has kept at least 130 lbs off for over 3 years...that is great, not everyone who loses weight gains it back ( I know someone who lost 200 lbs 10 years ago & is in the best shape of their lives) I can understand that a company might not want her if she gains a lot of weight, and if they have a contract should be able to get it back, but they already have used and most likely benefited off her image- therefore she should not have to pay back all money she was paid...I never watched that show, but good for her for keeping it off and knowing that it is a lifestyle not just a quick fix then eat whatever you want and stop exercising like some people think it is...For the people bashing the show because diets dont work bla bla...Losing weight is extremely hard to do, it normally takes a long time so people give up on it because they feel like they dont see results... once you lose it, it is easy to keep off with a lot of exercise and not going crazy with diet, so if these trainers are able to help them lose weight quickly, I think that is a good thing!

who farted

They always gain the weight back back in the real world.

Tobey

Sounds like Ilovekickboxing.com has found another way to get value out of their $45k....any exposure is good exposure! This is just another way to get more of it....

Mike

You can't lose weight that fast and keep it off.

Millions of years of evolution (or 4,000 years if you're a Christian) are working against you. It also damages your liver and kidneys.

Eat less, move more and lose 1-2 pounds a week. This is the way it is done correctly and safely. We all want results NOW, but that is not how nature designed us to function.

If you want to permanently be fat, go on a fad diet and make your body think you're in a starvation situation. Your body will respond by slowing down your metabolism and you'll start really packing on the pounds.

Marcus

She looks like a blonde Ricki Lake in the left picture.

Pamela

Making a note to avoid FC Online Marketing's companies including ILoveKickboxing.com . They sound ruthless.

kr

their contract is forever? i think a year at best

dee

I wonder how much she gained back. I've lost 200 pounds...........I don't think maintenance is harder than losing weight. I stay active, weigh and measure myself weekly so I can see if I need to cut back on calories or kick up the intensity of my workout. I allow myself a 10 pound range, because depending on the time of the month, I can supposedly gain 5 to 10 pounds and then "magically" lose 5 to 10 pounds in a couple of days.................but if its not that time of the month and the scale or my measurements say 2 to 5 pounds over my goal.............definitely I need to clean my diet up and kick up the intensity of my workout..........that's the only way to keep the weight off...............measure, weigh, workout, monitor...............

Badass2012

Just Porky porky..

Jay W.

She looks better in the 2012 pic. She's an attractive girl. If you have to throw some flower on her to find the wet spot, so be it. Tara doesn't need FCOM.

dreamon

Did she like have another baby or something? I think that could be an excuse. But all in all weight loos should not just be about dieting, but also about changing your lifestyle.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments