Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Peace, View!

7/9/2013 4:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0709-elisabeth-hasselbeck-getty
Joy Behar isn't the only one jumping ship on "The View" ... Elisabeth Hasselbeck is also bailing on ABC's daytime talk show.

Fox just released a statement, saying Hasselbeck will be replacing Gretchen Carlson on "Fox & Friends." A rep for ABC said Hasselbeck's last day on "The View" will be Wednesday.

Barbara Walters also released a statement, saying, "We have had 10 wonderful years with Elisabeth, and she will now be swimming in new waters. We will miss her and wish her everything good."

It's unclear who will replace Hasselbeck on the show ... but there are rumors Brooke Shields is being tapped for the job.

Elisabeth is expected to join "Fox & Friends" in September. As for Carlson ... you haven't seen the last of her on Fox News -- she's getting her own daytime show starting in the fall.

Beckster

What took so long. I cant STAND her!

Radio Ninja

Both Elizabeth and Gretchen are bumb-bimbo-airheads, but least Elizabeth is easier on the eyes.

pamela

Could not stand Elisabeth...but so annoyed about Barbara's denials when we first heard about her leaving.

JEN_MOTROOSE

Elizabeth is on the left and so is fox news. They will be good together. Not as left as the view and nbc and cnn but to the left for sure. I will stick with Michael Savage the true conservative voice.

Rich

She will fit right in with Fox, being a Tea Party conservative and being blond. All the B**ches on Fox are blond.

Vince Lin

"best in breed" - Triumph

Seacrest is a Shorty

This is great....! Now I will watch the program again.

DayDreamBeliever

GREAT, now I can start watching again

noonan

Yea, Elisabeth!!! Good bye the View!

Dmariejrzy

Ce' La vie! Now we can get a woman on that has her own actual view. Not a robotic rehearsed copy of a view from people who are in their 70's from old America!

Just one of those days

Thank god! She is so annoying. Just wait ..someday her life will implode. Her husband will have an affair and then we will see how mouthy she is. She has a firm opinion on everything. She doesn't belong on a panel of people. She doesn't believe in sharing the floor.

Mikey

Tom Cruise said Brooke Shields is mental. Why put her on the show?

Rob

Those cackling hens on that liberal cesspool called the view are unwatchable by anyone with a brain. I am glad this one escaped to freedom and sanity. I watch Fox and Friends in the morning and will now get a chance to know her....

Demi

Don't let the door hit you in the butt. Now, excuse me, I am going to pop my Champagne! Yayyyyyyy

Jan

I think ABC does not trust any of The View ladies to carry the torch without Barbara. I think The View will be off the air when Barbara retires.