Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Peace, View!

7/9/2013 4:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0709-elisabeth-hasselbeck-getty
Joy Behar isn't the only one jumping ship on "The View" ... Elisabeth Hasselbeck is also bailing on ABC's daytime talk show.

Fox just released a statement, saying Hasselbeck will be replacing Gretchen Carlson on "Fox & Friends." A rep for ABC said Hasselbeck's last day on "The View" will be Wednesday.

Barbara Walters also released a statement, saying, "We have had 10 wonderful years with Elisabeth, and she will now be swimming in new waters. We will miss her and wish her everything good."

It's unclear who will replace Hasselbeck on the show ... but there are rumors Brooke Shields is being tapped for the job.

Elisabeth is expected to join "Fox & Friends" in September. As for Carlson ... you haven't seen the last of her on Fox News -- she's getting her own daytime show starting in the fall.

Dom The Mover

Good!

drake

she's pure hatred and bone deep ugly

Mee

What got into Fox? the woman used to be pretty but HAS ALWAYS BEEN BRAINLESS !!

emme

She is entirely too smart for those tools at Fox and Friends. I wonder how long she will last? I thought her views were distorted at times but I doubt she will be able to stomach the out right lies told on F&F.

Laura

I stopped watching the view because I just couldn't stand listening to Elisabitch ramming her VIEWS down everyone throut. Now I have reason NEVER to turn on FOX! How long will she last on that I'm sure it will not be 10 Years!

Georgetta Malcolm

Good now I can start watching The View again

Rolo

sucks for vanessa bayer on snl. who is going to parody her now?

Karma K

@LOS PEPES, I don't give a sh.t about politics, Elisabeth, is just annoying to me! And very argumentative,people have gotten fired because of her big mouth! And what the hell did SHANNON and BEE do to piss you off? Iv'e always liked your comments, but today you are being a POS!

Candace Gregory

So happy never liked her!!!!

Itoldu

As the token conservative, she was terrible at puting her arguments across.
There are far more articulate & intelligent conservative woman out there who could do a better job.

deb

as a former democrat/former republican and now independent - BOTH sides can spew false information and hate. I wish her the best, but personally was hoping Alyson Camerota would have been named as the new co-host on F&F.

Quiet

she is sooo dorky.. so many other real professional women could do her job a thousand times better

Ozzie X

Another market of viewership to annoy.

Karla

Personally find all of the View so called ladies annoying.....if I want to listen to 5 women talking will gather my pals together. I have a feeling though that she will be pulling in bigger salary where she is going so good for her. Not a morning show fan either/most TV theses days is not worth the time spent watching it. JMO

suzyljank

I don't believe she is leaving voluntarily however I am glad she has a new job. While I'm a liberal it's always good when there is more than one side to a story and the view will have lost that. I wish her good luck and I also wish the view good luck because I think they will be losing a lot of viewers. Why do they always mess with a successful show? It rarely ever works out.