Whitney Houston's Daughter

I'M ENGAGED!

... and He's NOT My Brother

7/10/2013 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0709-bobbi-kristina-nick-gordon-tmz
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina is OFFICIALLY ENGAGED ... but she wants everyone to know it's not an incest thing -- 'cause her future hubby is not her BIOLOGICAL brother.

BK posted the announcement on Facebook early this morning ... saying she's set to tie the knot with Nick Gordon ... the guy who Whitney brought into the family home and helped raise at an early age.

FYI -- Whitney referred to Nick as her "son" ... but never legally adopted him.

"YES, we me nick [sic] are engaged," Bobbi wrote ... "I'm tired of hearing people say 'eww your engaged to your brother or if Whitney was still alive would we be together or would she approve of this.'"

"Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him. In fact, mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating."

She continues, "My mom knows me better than any of you. A lot of yall are saying that yall are only saying this all out of love. Which is bull because if that was so, all you would want is for me to be happy."

"People need to seriously stop judging my relationship. Pretty sure it's my own decision who I want to be with. Yes, my relationship may not be perfect. We will have rough patches, just like every other relationship. And we have had our rough patches. You may or may not agree with my relationship. You may or may not respect it. Judge me, go ahead. Your opinions are yours and mine are mine. It is my life and not yours. The decisions I make have nothing to do with you. Goodnight."

Congrats?

Laura

What an arrogant little bitch she is. It's like she thinks the world is waiting for her announcement. Not too many people, when making their engagement known, have to talk about whether or not they are marrying their brother! (Eewww). And then the rest of her announcement is her lecturing all of us for our views. Truth is, most people don't give a crap. And her charming fiance needs to get a job!

spader

Honeymoon should be in the deep south, they love that shiz.

Master Po

Keep trying to justify why you are dating your brother.

Theresa Q

Good for you Bobbi - you are living your own life. I know your grief is still very strong. I wish you all the best life has to offer.

spader

For god's sake don't let them adopt a child, they'll think it's fair game.

Tom Liebengood

Not incest but stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justme

Why didn't Whitney Houston ever get braces for her daughters teeth???

Slash

IDK what the big deal is? Some of the best sex I ever had was with my father's wife's daughter! Yep... I just said that.

ejon

Does he have job or just living off of her inheritance? Seems like she is marrying a deadbeat like her father.

Areader

She makes a valid point! Congratulations Krissy!

Glynn

If she doesn't want to be judged or criticized, why doesn't she just keep her mouth shut? And...yall isn't a word - instead of getting engaged, why not get an education?

kitty

Who is she again?

Donka Do Ball

So essentially she's saying it's "MY PEROGATIVE" ?

D-INCARNATION

Incest is best, keep it in the family....

Luz

Well, Bobby, if you don't want to understand there are moral issues involved in dating, sleeping, marrying the very person you grew up to see as your brother, and that Whitney's body was still warm when you turned around and disrespected her with your actions, then no one can help you. Stay in hell and don't come back out!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments