Jane Lynch

Files for Divorce

7/12/2013 4:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0712_jane_lynch_lara_embry_article_tmz
Jane Lynch
is a woman of her word ... a month after announcing her marriage to wife Lara Embry was over, the actress has filed for divorce.

Jane just filed the docs in L.A. County Court, citing "irreconcilable differences." The 52-year-old "Glee" star met 44-year-old Embry back in 2009 at a fundraiser in San Francisco. They were married a year later in Massachusetts and registered for a domestic partnership in California soon after.

According to the doc, Jane and Lara have been separated since February. There are no minor children.

In the doc, Jane says she wants to terminate the court's jurisdiction to award Lara spousal support.

Sources connected to the couple have told TMZ they do NOT have a prenup, which means they can expect a 50/50 split of all marital assets ... but that will all be determined later.

leon

She can file for divorce all she wants. I still won't chase her. I don't know why the big deal about divorce unless she is looking for another mate.

Barbara

All the gays have a right to be just as miserable in marriage as all the straight people, and get divorced and pay alimony, child support, etc and half their property .. It's about time .. They might change their stance on gay marriage after all of this!!

bob

is jane lynch a husband?

Rick

Ha Ha

Cindy Horn

That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear about the split up. I'm sure it's hard for both of them. I'm not gay, but I am a victim of divorce and it's never easy...especially if there are kids involved. At least they don't share children. I wish the best for both of them...

Marc

SHE filed for divorce from HER WIFE. Sorry, but this is what I do don't get about the whole lesbo/gay scene.
How in the world can a woman divorce her WIFE??? Overall, I am really very liberal in my views. but I just cannot comprehend how a woman can divorce her wife--or a man his husband if you want to go that way. Defies logic.

bob rosen

I don't mind these marriages...but we DO need some new terms...'his husband'...'her wife'...maybe they could just say,'SPOUSE'.

Marc

This is something. A WOMAN divorcing HER WIFE. This is what makes absolutely no sense about the whole lesbo/gay thing. I'm sorry, but its just not logical for a WOMAN to divorce a WIFE, nor a MAN to divorce his HUSBAND.
Jayne can divorce her husband. But that would make her a him. LOL
If another woman can't give you want you need Jayne baby, try a man the next time. Of course what real man would want a woman who is nuts enough to think she was divorcing her WIFE. Just another exhibit into evidence that gays have a screw loose.

Don

"There are no minor children." Huh, imagine that?

Jumpinjohn

Aerosmith

Rcott

As much as you anti-gays would like to make of this, it isn't about gay marriage. It's about human relationships. Have you checked the statistics on hetero marriages lately? The DOMA suit was brought by a woman who was with her partner for over 40 years. It's mornooic to single this out as a gay issue. Get over your phobias and use your pulpits to do some real good for a change..

scooter

pee pee doo doo

Munihack

so, which one gets custody of the Tampons ?

Pete

Uh oh, sounds like someone found a REAL stiff one !

lori