'Sharknado'

Derek Hough Refused to Watch

Because He Hates Awesome Things

7/12/2013 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071213_derek_hough_launch

It might have been the greatest television event of the year ... SHARKS climbing ropes, swimming down the 405, attacking helicopters and chasing Tara Reid up a flight of stairs ... but Derek Hough says he REFUSED to watch "Sharknado" last night.

Clearly, Hough was too closed-minded to see all of the awesomeness the made-for-SyFy movie had in store ... seriously, we counted 5 shark vs. man fatalities in the first 4 minutes.

In case you missed it ... the movie TOOK OVER Twitter last night ... with people begging for a sequel before the movie even ended.

Perhaps, "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof said it best ... writing, "I know it's only been 12 hours, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to talk about anything non-Sharknado-related again."

People have already begun coming up with titles for the next installment ... here's a few we've thought up:

-- Psy-Clone: It's Raining South Korean Pop Stars
-- LouNami: Lou Rawls comes back to life to wreak havoc on the South Pacific
-- Heavy Rainn: Acid rain from a cloud that looks like Rainn Wilson melts San Diego

Please continue in the comments section ...

Vince

I tried to watch it.....I was laughing so hard I missed most of it. I do so love a good syfy comedy. Tara was just as awful as I remember her from her youth, what a nice trip down memory lane.

Friend

He only watches the LOGO Channel because he is a chugger.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

WTF? Who cares about sharks or this gay guy? Please, TMZ, get some real celebrity news.

Socalpimp

Who writes for you? Unfunny as hell

CaliWriter

The only way it would be a good movie is if the sharks ATE Tara Reid. I swear SyFy only shows movies for 12 year old boys.

K in Texas

That movie was all kinds of hilarious! Unfortunately, Tara Reid did not get eaten by a shark. That was just wrong

(◉_◉) Brush Your Teeth (◉_◉)

I Liked The Two Headed Shark
That Came On After "Sharknado"
Funniest Movie I've Seen In A Long
Time.

It Did Have Some Hot Chicks In It
But They All Got Eaten.

Slurpee

Pihranacaine? Eelquake?

Rob Zombie is King

We love watching the cheesy/campy SciFy original movies. Comical! Sharknado ranks up there with Sharktopus and Supergator

Trent

Sharkna-dos , you know as in Sharknado Dos...Haha hehe..thats a knee slapper.

andy

This movie was just brutal, even for an overly campy SyFy prime time special. Tara Reid was nowhere to be found until halfway through the movie. Ian Ziering reminded us as to why he hasn't been in much over the past fifteen years. It was overly difficult to believe that Tara was a mother of kids who physically "appeared" to be her peers. The CGI effects often looked as though they had been rendered on a Commodore 64 from the eighties. Ian just "happened" to jump into the mouth of a mammoth sized shark, which also just "happened" to be the very same creature (of hundreds) to have swallowed his son's bar maid friend. He magically cuts his way from front to back with a chainsaw running the whole time, but yet, without cutting the bar maid girl to bits. They both escape unharmed. OH, PLEASE . . .
Tara was in a different SyFy movie a couple of years back, and while I cannot recall the title right off hand, it was MUCH better (as was she).
I'm sure "SHARKNADO" was VERY cheap to make, and considering the buzz generated for SyFy, it was good advertising for the dollar spent. But, the movie itself was one of the worst I've ever witnessed on that channel.
JUST , TOTAL CHAOS . . .

maintboy

im at a loss who is derick and does he swallow

jim

Have you seen "FDR American Badass!" yet??? Best. Movie. Ever!

Brian

Crocadillo -- Half Crocodile/Half Armadillo
Crocapoodle -- Face of a Poodle/Body of a Crocadile

robert

i really wish u would come out of the closet Derek. life is just to short dude

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments