Kanye West on Paparazzi

Why I Hate Them ...

Why I Attack Them

7/13/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071213_kanye_pap_attack_launchThere's a reason Kanye West hates the paparazzi so much -- it's a terrible reason -- but a reason nonetheless ... and it stems from a few rotten eggs, TMZ has learned.

It's no secret Kanye's been running on a short fuse since at least 2008, when he smashed a TMZ camera at LAX. After that, he vowed to have a more peaceful relationship with the media ... but that all changed in 2012.

Sources close to Kanye tell TMZ ... after he started getting serious with Kim Kardashian, he felt a couple of paps would cross the line and ask him inappropriate questions about their relationship in public. We're told he started to feel like certain paps were "heckling" him.

Things escalated in October 2012 during a trip to Miami ... when a local photog -- not a TMZ guy -- asked Kanye and Kim if they would be inviting Kris Humphries and Reggie Bush to their wedding.

Kanye was pissed ... and, rightfully so, felt the photog was just trying to antagonize him.

Things got worse a few months later, after Kim announced she was pregnant -- when another pap started hammering K&K about whether they would invite Ray J to the baby shower.

That, we're told, was the breaking point -- and from that moment on, Kanye decided to impose his "DON'T EVER TALK" policy on anyone with a camera.

Here's the problem ... if Kanye doesn't want to talk to a pap, that's fine -- he has that right. But when he starts attacking people and smashing camera equipment ... dude, you crossed the line.

Take this example, Kanye -- if a white person walked up to you and said the N-word, would you hate all white people??? Would you try to ATTACK every white person you encountered???

Bottom line -- we get why he's upset ... but seriously, GET OVER IT.

Misskeirstin

Wtf is wrong with TMZ! Don't use a racial word with horrible history as in example as to why Kanye should respect the paparazzi! Y'all don't respect him so he don't respect y'all!

NOT ELMO

somebody should Punch that Ugly Beast in the Face...

Mia

YOU GET OVERBIT TMZ and stop harrasing them on purpose.

Canadabob

When will this s*** bag become irreverent in the media? He is such a douche; I'd love to run into him in person with my camera.

Bigmama

This moron sounds like a ****y girl, he doesn't even make sense, his voice is so annoying it's not funny.

Please god give us back 2Pac and we will give you this sorry excuse of a living Kayne.

George

The Kardashians and "Friends" have made millions off the paparazzi and now they don't want you to "talk to them". I suggest that you all band together and never film another Kardashian or "Friend again". People will lose interest and then they will see how much they want you to "talk to them". Do it for man kid!

Kookla

Good for Kanye!

robert

sooner or later he will put his hand on the wrong person and get the beating he deserves for being a douchebag

She's baaaack

Oh Kanye, forgive me, forgive me please. I humbly admit to you that I TALKED TODAY. Mea culpa.

Meh..

Try pulling that **** where I live, almost all the reporters I know carry.

mr.howell

He's got an 'ugly mouth' and the way he's 'always snarling' at the camera!..and yelling at people!..he looks like a chipmunk!..his front teeth are too big for his mouth!..F-up!.

Sam

Kanye is a punk some bodies gonna KO that douche bag one day. And on that day i shall celebrate.

Deborah

Kanye has ALWAYS been a poor excuse for a human being, and nothing will ever change that. I don't care how wonderful he thinks he is, he'll never see a dime from me.

AllieFrid

Get over yourself, goofball. While you're at it.. get some therapy. Annoying little punk.

swack

When I dislike someone, I avoid them and don't confront them. If you don't want to talk to them, then by making comments such as "Don't talk to me" just encourages them to talk to you. Grow up please. You are in an industry that is going to ask personal questions and ones that are going to generate the most talk.