Kanye West on Paparazzi

Why I Hate Them ...

Why I Attack Them

7/13/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071213_kanye_pap_attack_launchThere's a reason Kanye West hates the paparazzi so much -- it's a terrible reason -- but a reason nonetheless ... and it stems from a few rotten eggs, TMZ has learned.

It's no secret Kanye's been running on a short fuse since at least 2008, when he smashed a TMZ camera at LAX. After that, he vowed to have a more peaceful relationship with the media ... but that all changed in 2012.

Sources close to Kanye tell TMZ ... after he started getting serious with Kim Kardashian, he felt a couple of paps would cross the line and ask him inappropriate questions about their relationship in public. We're told he started to feel like certain paps were "heckling" him.

Things escalated in October 2012 during a trip to Miami ... when a local photog -- not a TMZ guy -- asked Kanye and Kim if they would be inviting Kris Humphries and Reggie Bush to their wedding.

Kanye was pissed ... and, rightfully so, felt the photog was just trying to antagonize him.

Things got worse a few months later, after Kim announced she was pregnant -- when another pap started hammering K&K about whether they would invite Ray J to the baby shower.

That, we're told, was the breaking point -- and from that moment on, Kanye decided to impose his "DON'T EVER TALK" policy on anyone with a camera.

Here's the problem ... if Kanye doesn't want to talk to a pap, that's fine -- he has that right. But when he starts attacking people and smashing camera equipment ... dude, you crossed the line.

Take this example, Kanye -- if a white person walked up to you and said the N-word, would you hate all white people??? Would you try to ATTACK every white person you encountered???

Bottom line -- we get why he's upset ... but seriously, GET OVER IT.

LittleBIt

Hes a big ol jackass just like Chris Brown. They should form a club called "I'm a complete a**hole club"!!! Kanye, you showed what an idiot jerk*ff you are when you jumped onto that stage and took the mic from Taylor a few years ago. I mean WHO THE FU*K DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????? Now you are dating and have had a child with one of the biggest girl a**holes in hollywood. Youre gonna have to learn to deal with nasty comments and cameras without flipping the f**k out. But you cant - can you? You have waaaay too bad of a temper. I'm glad your own personality is going to make you miserable and probably be your downfall. You are NOBODY, really and we all just want you and your pathetic girlfriend to disappear form the planet. Oh, yeah, take Kris Jenner withe you. Shes a drunk-a**, sorry excuse for a mother.

Water

Please stop with N word comparison to everything.

cmn

I love how you, TMZ, the kings of everything, act like you are above "paparazzi" labels and never engage in anything unprofessional. Total joke, don't even act like for a second that you don't do the same thing to people. Thats what your job is, hoping to get a reaction. TMZ IS A BUNCH OF LOSERS! YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE SO SO COOL, its totgally hilarious how oblivious you are that no one thinks you are cool. Now go and camp out in front of someones house hoping to get a sniff of something. Your garbage!

3Storms

Kanye much like many rappers as well as the Kartrashians have such inflated egos that he really does believe he's some sort of royalty

failureturtle

Kanye changed when his mom died. Momma's boy lost his love.

BringBackThe90s

TMZ is a joke!!! Nice attempt at a smear campaign, you guys are completely butt hurt that Mr. West embarrassed you all. It would be nice if you all got real careers in entertainment instead of stalking celebs. I don't like Mr. West but I hate TMZ, US Mag, Perez Hilton and whatever else is out there. You all completely take away their right to privacy and help them become the *******s they eventually become. Because you all will buy any juicy news or pic about a celeb, they become extremely guarded with their fans. Mr. West has never been able to properly grieve after his Mother's passing and now he's unable to really enjoy being a father. Why don't you all just back off him and every other celeb, let them live.

marie

TMZ is who your source, Kris Jenner?

tmz addict

someone should bother them 300 times a day and purposely irritate them and stare at them all day and try to out-bitch them to mindlessly feel better about themselves.... Theyre so lazy they just take pictures of paris hilton

tmz addict

how do you have the best job in the world with the happiest people in the world and try to make them feel like the most miserable people in the world... the last thing they will want is you around

speekintruth

My daughter sounded just like that when she was 2.
DONT TALK TO ME!
It was immature, even for her at two... Just sayin
This guy isn't much of a man is he

all about the money

He may have his reasons but his anger is volatile. The way he lashes out of people with camera's or questions makes you wonder what if I was a huge fan of his. I saw him in an airport and wanted to meet my "idol" I go running over start calling to him and try to take a picture. Is he going to confuse me as a Pap and get violent with me or totally tell me off being a vile nasty venomous jerk all be cause I wanted to meet my hero? Now personally I have not like Kanye since....well....never. But what if he has a fan and because he is so defensive and nasty goes off on or god forbid assaults a fan?

6one9

NO ONE CARES KANYE
GO FLUCK YO SELF ``` FOOL
I MEAN ```` TOOL!

Toilethead

But the fatass pig doesn't take a crap without telling the press.

JP

They should of asked Kanye if he had to strap a board to his @$$ to keep from falling in when he hopped on that cow.

John Elliott

Tmz it is a two way street he does not want to bother with you. You know he is going to trash you equipment. So show some respect just don't cover the guy or Kim simple solution.