Whitney Houston

Tombstone Etched with

Most Famous Lyrics

7/15/2013 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711-whitney-houston-grave-tmzWhen you think of Whitney Houston you think ... "I Will Always Love You"  -- and now you always will, because it's engraved on her tombstone.

Whitney's grave at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey was finally given a headstone last week, after sitting vacant since her death in 2012.

The epitaph on the new heart-shaped marker reads: "Whitney E. Houston Aug. 9, 1963 -- Feb. 11 2012 ... THE VOICE ... 'I Will Always Love You'."

Interestingly, while Whitney made "I Will Always Love You" famous in "The Bodyguard" -- it was written, and originally performed, by Dolly Parton.

If you're thinking they should've gone with lyrics from "Greatest Love of All" ... "Saving All My Love for You" ... or "I'm Every Woman" -- yeah, she didn't write those either.

Whitney is buried next to her father ... per her wishes.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Jordan

It is Whitney Houston she Probably tried to Lay claim to writing the "Star Spangled Banner" After all she may have thought she wrote it with Michael Jackson after all they were both Major Drug Users.

Pam

Good lord, don't you people have editors? Whitney Houston died in 2012. Even your own copy says so in the 3rd paragraph.

Jay W.

Addiction can be a bitch!

MsRichards

What took so long to put up a marker?

Rodeo Clown

I'm surprised it doesn't say "I will always snort you".

Ace

I've never seen a Hershey Kiss tombstone.

cobrazombie

I didn't like that song much (or Costner's haircut in the movie), but I can't deny its popularity.

Flohno

So you're throwing shade at her for being a singer (the best I might add) and not a singer-songwriter? Who cares that she didn't write those songs. She made them famous. The little stabs are unnecessary.

DudeLebowski

If she "died in 2011" why does her tombstone read February 11, 2012? TMZ has their facts wrong again-as usual....

Queencityman

Story's like this is why I don't come to TMZ like I used to. TMZ can be so petty and immature. So what if Whitney didn't write the songs, the fact is she song the hell out of 'em! You queens are so damned messy.

msbearlyhugs

Beautiful tombstone Rest In Peace Ms Houston

Jan

Very pretty tombstone...she had such a beautiful voice.

Snazzy

Your second sentence says "since her death in 2011, her tombstone reads 2012. Don't you mean 2012?

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

The family should have settled for a modest tombstone with the name and dates. Putting things like "The Voice" and those lyrics set up the family for even more sadness in the near future. In a couple years no one who reads those lyrics on the tombstone will know where they´re from or why they´re on a tombstone. People will pass by and say "what?". It will just reinforce the fact that people quickly forget entertainers they once idolized......

Truth

WOW, THE SHADE FROM GAAAY HARVEY AND TMZ... PRETTY MUCH KNOWN WHITNEY WASNT A SONGWRITER. EVERY1 IN THE INDUSTRY KNOWS THAT EXCEPT FEMME BOY MAX AND FAT MIKE. ASCAP HAS HER LISTED AS WRITTEN/CO-WRITTEN ONLY 10 TRACKS IN HER CAREER. WHITNEY HAS ALWAYS GIVEN CREDIT TO WRITERS/PUBLISHERS OF HER TRACKS EITHER IN CONCERTS, AWARD SHOWS OR INTERVIEWS UNLIKE MAJORITY OF SWAGGER JACKERS IN THE INDUSTRY ---> AKA BEYAAWWNCE. #TRUTH!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments