Whitney Houston

Tombstone Etched with

Most Famous Lyrics

7/15/2013 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711-whitney-houston-grave-tmzWhen you think of Whitney Houston you think ... "I Will Always Love You"  -- and now you always will, because it's engraved on her tombstone.

Whitney's grave at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey was finally given a headstone last week, after sitting vacant since her death in 2012.

The epitaph on the new heart-shaped marker reads: "Whitney E. Houston Aug. 9, 1963 -- Feb. 11 2012 ... THE VOICE ... 'I Will Always Love You'."

Interestingly, while Whitney made "I Will Always Love You" famous in "The Bodyguard" -- it was written, and originally performed, by Dolly Parton.

If you're thinking they should've gone with lyrics from "Greatest Love of All" ... "Saving All My Love for You" ... or "I'm Every Woman" -- yeah, she didn't write those either.

Whitney is buried next to her father ... per her wishes.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

cmb0368

Those "crack is whack" and "nippy dead" comments are so lame. Whitney was a very talented, and beautiful person. She needs to be remembered for what she did in the music business. Hey, she wasn't perfect, but my goodness that woman could sing. The tombstone is a fitting tribute to this wonderful lady. R.I.P Whitney...I will always love you. Still missing you.

KVchicago

Excuse me....but the title " The Voice" is already taken and spoken for..that being Frank Sinatra......

Anthony Wall

Yall just have some direct, and/or some indirect relations with people who profit from the psychology raquets, huh? We need better education. At least some of us know now that and how there were apparently criminal relationships between the need to adopt sensibilities that her problems were more than they were for the pathologies of their own lies and garbage the patients don't even realize gets attached to them.

ginnarr

it should have said
i was a stupid bwitch.

Dirlene Rangel Moura

Whitney is the most awarded artist and the most beautiful voice in the world!! And that is what matters. The incompetent and envious be damned!!! Whitney is the best in the world!!! Simply The Voice!!! Whitney 4ever!!!! <3 <3 <3

Dirlene Rangel Moura

gmoney1016

What is with the drama with people trying to discredit Whitney as an artist because she didn't write EVERY song she sang?? No could interpret a song like whitney! I mean who took IWALY to the highest plateaus.... Whitney Houstons voice! Celine doesnt write and Mariah collaborates on EVERY song she writes and you can get writer credits for adding 'the' or 'and'...... But Whitney Houston's talent was all that was needed to captivate the world. She did enough for the world to have earned her spot in the history books as the greatest most awarded female pop phenomenon of all time. People really need to think back to the beginning and remember just how LARGER than life Whitney Houston was...... And her star only grew brighter and brighter. We love you Whitney Houston RIP...

GeorgeGingrich

The Standard to which all singers are compared. You will come again. I will always love you.

Rose

I'm intrigued by this new memoir that Davies has written, AND it turns out that he's narrating the audio book - accolades for the 80 plus year old for having the energy and enthusiasm. I'm just going to wait for Elaine Charles to review this audio book before getting it for myself. Check the details on the Book report radio show on their site: bookreportradio dotcom.

Naomi Enyonam Okyere

Whitney we miss you and we will always love you dear rest in peace

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6