« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cookie

TMZ, did momma trash pay you not to post this story: http://www.mstarz.com/articles/16445/20130717/kim-kardashian-slammed-travyon-martin-no-justice-tweet-kanye-west-baby-mama-criticized-twitter-sympathy-father-robert-kardashian-headed-oj-simpson-dream-team.htm

Amerikkka

America was founded by white people who murdered and enslaved people...you are racist...the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...know your history before you starting judging others...not in a million years will the death and destruction she has inflicted be surpassed...you're not racist?...facts don't lie

Lady Juliette

Why won't they show a current photo of Trayvon, instead of one from when he was 11 or 12. He was a big young man and his police record is long and was growing.

AmI

Young black males are dying every day. Most are being killed by other young black males, yet it takes one being killed by a hispanic to bring out the shame in our system. Where has all this outrage been as an entire generation is killing themselves? Jump off your hypocritical soapboxes, and do something about the real problem - the one occuring every day in this country.

Mack_D

I'm with u my boxing friend! I don't stand for the national anthem because the song wasnt written to include our people! I feel u! Like mike said "they don't really care about us"!!!

RB12

so, youre quitting right. dont just talk, show everyone you mean it.

Elaine

So you are ashamed of wearing US flag, but I bet you don't feel that way about US money. This issue is out of control, and just another excuse for blacks to raise hell. How come when a black shot and killed that 2 yr old white baby it just about made the news.
I guess when whites are killed by blacks it is so common and doesn't sell news. Besides we don't have a white Al Sharpton to lead us in marches and take us on bus rides thru white neighborhoods and start up some racial tension. When are blacks going to realize he don't care about you and just wants the publicity. He even sent his daughters to a prestigious school not one where your kids could go to. He nothing but a charlatan and is lucky they never locked him up for good just for being a major pain in the ass

CHITA

YOU TELL IT TO YOUR PRESIDENT, NOW I SAID YOUR, NOT MIND, HE IS THE MOST RACIST PRESIDENT EVER .
I TO SHAME TO CALL HIM OUR PRESIDENT.
WHITE COP STUPID , HE THE STUPID ONE OF ALL.

missnyfl

Move then

Suzy Q

I think you SHOULD give back YOUR U.S. tiltle back!!! You, ass wipe, don't respect this country!!!!!

sloopy

If Obama had a son he'd look like Terrell.

sloopy

If Obama had a son he'd look like Terrell.

Pimp Daddy

If Obama had a son he'd look like buckwheat.

tucker

I'd be ashamed for you to wear our flag also. Good riddance. Agree or not, our justice system ran it's course - a jury has spoken.

harvwar

I saw a white woman pushing a stroller with a baby in it. I ran and kicked the stroller as hard as I could. She screamed and started crying as I ran away that wasn't even close to what travons family went through ! And I couldn't stop laughing