« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BB not bb

Oh and once you take our flag off your crotch, don't let the door hit you in the Shab azz.

Phishie from Philly

If you're ashamed of wearing the flag then take them off and get the fvck out of our country. Go to Russia. They'll take good care of you.
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

If the little fvcking bastard wasn't steeling and breaking the law this would have never happened. This makes me sick! If Zimmerman was Jackson (a black man) we wouldn't be having this discussion. No matter how you slice it, it was self-defense.
Phishie from Philly
Proud to be a red blooded American.

Vicky

I didn't realize there was a KKK convention going on at TMZ.

And dear idiots, can you please be a little more original? The "go back to Africa" comments are a bit old and outdated.

Rob

Liberals support thiese black thugs, the douchebag biebers, the fat-no-talent Kardashians.... liberal douches all., I don't watch ANY of them. I have never watched a professional basketball or football game, heard a bieber song or watched a Kardashian. And I am a better person for it. MORONS!

BB not bb

The amount of nerve here is unbelievable. Not only did this racist country let him, a black man, represent it in the Olympics, but now gives him a professional position in his chosen sport. He probably had free training form the Olympic team and all kinds of praise and honor.

Oh no, but that can't be enough respect for the black man. He needs to have innocnent people locked in prison for life or murdered for a symbolic victory. People who are being targetted for being white.

Yeah it looks like this country is racist, agasint whites.

WLou

No one cares what this dude has to say. If he were smart he wouldn't have take a beatin to earn a paycheck. The reality is, that people moaned and cried about no arrest, then he was arrested and the man had his day in court! He was found NOT GUILTY... Time to get over it.

fyre68

I'm just wondering where is all the media hype for the white waitress thatwas assaulted and killed by three black men.

BB not bb

L A Police taking care of biz nizz as the black no justice, no peace revolters go on their suicide arrest missions.

Their slogan should really be No Brains, No Freedom.

notta

Good. Did you feel the same way when Orenthal got off?

WLou

Oh and of course we make a big deal about Vick's animal cruelty! The dogs were completely innocent and victims of sickVick!. We can't say the same about Trayvon.

kelly

Good for him. More celebs need to take a stand.

This verdict was unjust. Killing an unarmed child that you stalked is NOT OKAY.

BB not bb

Russia Today footage on the riots. Of course they skew it to look like it is over racial intolerance, since they are all for a communist overthrow of America.

However, at the end, there is very intersting footage of men all in black, smasing in store windows with batons on Oakland. I swear, they look like white CIA agnet provacateurs to me.

D.

TRAYVAWWWN, careful, your stupidity is showing. Defending a little thug because he was black; that's intelligent. Please do leave America. You're a worthless piece of crap. And take Michael Vick with you.

BB not bb

He be pullin down dem shorts and showing his azz.