Rolling Stone

'Bomber' Cover

Banned at 7-Eleven

7/18/2013 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0718_7eleven_rollingstone
Rolling Stone's cover story about the Boston Marathon bomber just got the magazine yanked out of nearly 2,000 7-Eleven stores, and more could follow ... TMZ has learned.

The omnipresent convenient store is joining the national outrage over the mag's upcoming issue with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the cover, and an investigation into his life leading up to the bombing.

A rep for 7-Eleven, Inc. tells TMZ it "will not sell the Aug. 1 issue of the Rolling Stone magazine in its company-operated stores."

There are 1,700 company operated stores -- and another 5,900 franchised stores. The rep says they'll also urge those franchise owners to pull the issue.

Yesterday, CVS, Walgreens, and Stop & Shop all said they will not sell the issue either.

0419_bostom_marathon_bomber_manhunt_photos_footer_v2

Nekru

Who the hell buys that outdated rag anyway?

lisa2

Good for 7-11 and all the stores banning this issue. I'm disgusted, they make this murderer look like a rock star on the cover rather than the cowardly murderer of innocents he is!!!!

Mike

I've been a reader of Rolling Stone for years, but I think the Rolling Stone editors went over the line of good taste by putting this dirtbag on the freakin cover.

This might encourage other psycho terrorists to do some big bombings just so they have some time in the spotlight too.

They could have at least used a BAD photograph of him looking miserable and crappy in his orange jumpsuit with cuffs and leg irons on him inside his tiny crap hole of a prison cell.

THAT is the kind of picture that people want to see on the cover. People want to laugh at this Jokhar dude and call him a total psycho and use the cover as a dartboard.

Barb

If you don't like the cover, don't buy the magazine.

the truth

It's a shame because the article needs to be read...

VAL

I really don't understand what the problem is. Is it the picture? The fact that it's a cover story? People are way too easily offended these days. It's a news story for God's sake, an important and relevant one. Got my issue in the mail yesterday and can't wait to read the article. Oh, and all this controversy is only going to cause more people to check it out.

jaq jaq

really? because boycotting the media coverage of the bomber will accomplish what mere men can not. #1 it will erase what happened and allow the people that were hurt to miraculously recover. #2 It will better educate you on the why/how/what for (because we can keep history from repeating itself if we just pretend it never happened). #3 you will sleep better being an ignorant @SS (oh wait that one is actually true)

BB not bb

People are cheering on censorship. We might as well be at a Nazi book burning. Next we will be all handed what book we are allowed to read, like Mein Kampf.

Censorship is wrong. It is against American principles. I think people hate this cover cause they are looking at an innocent face. They can't stand the guilt of framing and blaming an innocent child.

Oh he is the same age as Trayvon Martin. They are all squalling over his death, but what about this kid, who looks 100x more innocent?????

I guess their criminal of the month game isn't so fun any more.

Bryan

I will buy it to spite every last one of you. LMAO

Mary

I work for a 7-eleven and just noticed we don't have that issue, Good, giving that sicko a magazine cover is wrong.

Lucky_130

I bet 7 11 has more important things to worry about, like finding a new way to hire illegal immigrants and deduct there wages

jeff

Good for them. I have no problem with an investigative article but to put a glamor shot on the cover is disgraceful. I'm sure they even photo-shopped it to make him look better. Why not a picture of the coward running from the bomb or a bloodied picture of him giving himself up? RS crossed a line and deserves to pay the price.

oink

CENSORSHIP, TRING TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN'T READ.

Mike

I can already visualize a bunch of those fugly, weirdo women sitting at their computers typing up love letter fan mail to send to this murdering psycho killer terrorist. Probably because they liked his freakin picture on the cover of Rolling Stone.

I don't advocate censorship, but I think Rolling Stone editors should flog themselves over this and feel like slimeballs for doing this.

The only thing worse they could do is have a cover story with a "glamour shot" of that satanically evil psycho Adam Lanza who killed all of those elementary school kids with his assault rifle in Connecticut.

hoosier

I really wish I didn't have to see this picture everytime I turn on my computer, smartphone, and tv. The media is just sparking more interest and sales will probably go up.