Rolling Stone

'Bomber' Cover

Banned at 7-Eleven

7/18/2013 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0718_7eleven_rollingstone
Rolling Stone's cover story about the Boston Marathon bomber just got the magazine yanked out of nearly 2,000 7-Eleven stores, and more could follow ... TMZ has learned.

The omnipresent convenient store is joining the national outrage over the mag's upcoming issue with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the cover, and an investigation into his life leading up to the bombing.

A rep for 7-Eleven, Inc. tells TMZ it "will not sell the Aug. 1 issue of the Rolling Stone magazine in its company-operated stores."

There are 1,700 company operated stores -- and another 5,900 franchised stores. The rep says they'll also urge those franchise owners to pull the issue.

Yesterday, CVS, Walgreens, and Stop & Shop all said they will not sell the issue either.

0419_bostom_marathon_bomber_manhunt_photos_footer_v2

Don

Ban them for good, beyond this issue and you'll make an issue out of that power
They earned it. going out of business that is

Sher

We need this same kind of outrage for any article about the murderer also. I have seen Zimmerman on plenty of covers, are we going to glorify murder now?

wj

I don't know if such a fit was thrown when Manson was on the cover. And why aren't we having **** fits at the media who keeps talking about this story and flashing the very cover everyone is so upset about?

BB not bb

Hippo-crites scarfing down their chili dogs but they can't stand to look at this kid's face cause they find it too attractive. How stupid can you be?

What about all of the gangster movies that people watch and adore the stars of? When James Gandolfini died, you would have thought it was the pope. They don't mind watching him kill people on TV in cold blood, and then admiring his every word and sight of him.

What a bunch of self righteous morons. No wonder this country is collapsing. It can't support itself under the weight of enormous stupidity.

Paul

How can they put his ugly a$$ terrorist face on the cover of Rolling Stone. Why not put one of the victims that died or better yet the child who died in the attack. Stupid rolling stone and this stupid terrorist should be tarred and feathered in Boston

jill

What a $$ hat decided to put a murderer on the cover of a magazine?

I wouldnt buy it and I would have no problem asking a store to take it off the shelves.

Just like the horrible guy who kidnapped, raped and held those innocent girls hostage for YEARS, there are some faces I would NEVER like to see again. I SURE as heck dont think they deserve to get their pictures on the front cover of any magazine.

spader

I think it's fine to put him on the cover BUT only once he's been tried and executed.

Woot

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think those of you who are most offended are so because he looks like a normal, dare I say semi-good looking kid. And, of course, that doesn't fit your definition of a terrorist. You need him to be scraggly.... bearded... maybe turbaned... more........... MUSLIM. Right?

dierdre

Good for you guys "seven 11". Any store that sells this piece of crap, SHOULD SHUT THEIR DOORS, because no one will buy this ****....I'm from Boston, & I am so disgusted w/the people who support this garbage. How could any one person in their right mind read this ****.... Rolling Stone, I pray hard that you GO OUT OF BUSINESS. Your total *******S>>>>PERIOD>>>

me

and now rolling stone magazine is relevant again----just the press they very desperately wanted----good goin america!!

INTHEZONE

only communist countries ban things
good to know who the communists are
so i don't give them my business

Michell

Thoughtless, disrespectful and unbelievable!

1uniquemonique

If George Zimmerman was on the cover, the stores would not ban selling them.

Nikki

a LOSER gets on Rolling Stones mag cover? Only in America.

Alia

and for everyone saying its censorship I'm truly saddened by America's Education System ... NO ONE IS TRYING TO CENSOR it... we are choosing to not buy it and stores are CHOOSING to not buy and sell this issue.

No one is infringing on the press' right to publish companies are choosing to NOT sell it; which they are entitled to do ...