Rolling Stone

'Bomber' Cover

Banned at 7-Eleven

7/18/2013 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0718_7eleven_rollingstone
Rolling Stone's cover story about the Boston Marathon bomber just got the magazine yanked out of nearly 2,000 7-Eleven stores, and more could follow ... TMZ has learned.

The omnipresent convenient store is joining the national outrage over the mag's upcoming issue with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the cover, and an investigation into his life leading up to the bombing.

A rep for 7-Eleven, Inc. tells TMZ it "will not sell the Aug. 1 issue of the Rolling Stone magazine in its company-operated stores."

There are 1,700 company operated stores -- and another 5,900 franchised stores. The rep says they'll also urge those franchise owners to pull the issue.

Yesterday, CVS, Walgreens, and Stop & Shop all said they will not sell the issue either.

0419_bostom_marathon_bomber_manhunt_photos_footer_v2

roll3567

This will only help RS. their newsstand circulation is only about 80000 of their nearly 1.5m total.

Shoozie

I CANT SEE YOU!! I CANT SEE YOU!!! I CANT HEAR YOU!!! All these dumb ass stores think they can make anyone forget that jerk?

BB not bb

Wow, Americans are on the ball . . .

chubbs McBuff

Good for you, CVS, Walgreens, and Stop & Shop. putting morality ahead of money

makaveli

Whoever think this guy is responsible for the "bombings" in Boston, is a sheep.
I mean, there's still people who think Bin Laden did what he "did".....

kindamara

If someone wants to buy the magazine then they can order it from Rolling Stone.

Wrestlingmark00

This is so bob Dylan.

hotandcold

good. give him no publicity at all. he's dirt. Less than dirt. Pig dirt.

BB not bb

I believe the reason why so many young girls relate to him, is because he has a look of innocence. Maybe they relate to feeling hated for being innocent. There is a lot of pressure to grow up young and start having sex before marriage and proving that you are mature.

I don't think it has to do with being attracted to him. I think that is something that adults imagine in their minds with their perverted fantasies about people. They transfer their desires onto the young and innocent and accuse them of being sexual.

If someone is quiet and studious and law abiding and they get picked on, that resonates with a lot of young people. They could be the next victim accused of harboring weapons of mass destruction on their way to the gym with their pack on their back.

michelle mcnamara

Lets be honest the people that are going to buy the magazine for the cover are not going to read the article. The people who would read the article will not buy the magazine because of the cover.

VAL

If I had to guess, I think Rolling Stone was trying to make the point that terrorists aren't necessarily who we might suspect - old, foreign, ugly, etc. They could be your easy-going friend from high school. Have to say, though, that I'm still really surprised by the backlash. Number one, this is Rolling Stone we're talking about, not Time. And number two, I didn't realize we as Americans were so sensitive. How many times do you think Bin Laden has been on the cover of a national magazine over the years?

Sha

I dont see what Obama has to do with this topic? Anyway..... keep the article. I think the overall issue that offends people is the cover picture. Why not keep the article and do away with the glamorized cover? leave the arresting foto or the foto of Boston? Why place this rock looking picture on the page? When i first saw the picture i thought it was a musician, not this devil child.

Catrina

Who cares???

Sh8k

Terrible liberal magazine

Tori j

Let me get this straight... Paula Deen gets s*** for something she said 25 years ago and this vile magazine can glamorize a terrorist. Never again will I buy another Rolling Stone magazine. F those liberal Putos!