Mark Salling

State Farm is 'Despicable'

7/19/2013 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0719_mark_salling_01

Mark Salling doesn't buy that State Farm is like a good neighbor .... he's suing the insurance company, claiming its refusal to cover him against sexual battery allegations is "despicable" and "malicious."

TMZ broke the story ... Salling was sued by a woman who claims on one occasion when she was dating the "Glee" star ... she insisted that he wear a condom during sex but he refused and forcibly had unprotected sex.  The woman -- a former Playboy model -- claims she went to his house later that month to demand proof that he was STD-free, and he responded by pushing her to the ground.

Salling claims in his lawsuit the State Farm homeowner's policy requires the company to foot his legal and other bills connected with his defense, but State Farm has repeatedly refused.

Although there's no mention as to why State Farm won't cover Salling, we're guessing the insurance company is hanging its hat on a provision that excludes criminal acts from its coverage.

As for the sexual battery case against the actor ... it's ongoing.

dummy

OK moron...

Cirrus Unicus

What a dirty, dirty boy.

stu

U took the wrong 1 God. Bring back Cory.

BostonGreekGirl

My mom had State Farm as her home & car insurance YEARS ago and got into a car accident that was not her fault. The cop said flat out "you did nothing wrong go home, it was their fault" and State Farm didn't have to pay out anything or do anything at all and they still dropped my mom as a client b/c of the accident. To this day my mom has nothing good to say about State Farm and we've heard others complain about them. Like a good neighbor my ass. I hate their commercials b/c I know it isn't true

AMY D

I hate State Farm, but I agree that they shouldn't pay for his stupid, criminal behavior. S u c k it, mark, you pay the ho. And why did she take so long to ask for a test result?

Jay W.

I've had a good experience with State Farm. As far as Mr. Salling goes he sounds like an asshat.

James R. - Los Angeles

Who cares?

Stupidposts

Since when does a homeowner policy have the clause to protect you from abuse allegations? He think that whatever happens in the home is covered?

Wow ...

Seriously, this man thinks an insurance company should cover crimes? Can he be that stupid?

Tesla_Consulting

Sex assault = bad press. Suing your insurance = SMH

Jamey Hunter

So State Farm is supposed to cover damage from the policy owner's criminal behavior inside his home? What an vapid moron. Go to jail.

Holly

Find a company that would agree to cover that...I work at State Farm and I have never heard of anything being covered for that!

BB not bb

This guy is a real nut job. He wants State Farm insurance to cover rape??? I thinnk he is guilty of rape just by the nerve of him asking for that.

How self entitled can you get? Can you imagine calling the agent and explaing a claim like this to them. I bet they would almost think it is a prank call.

Leopold butters Stotch

Who is this? Steve- O from jackass?

BB not bb

Maybe he meant to call Funny Farm Insurance.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments