Rae Dawn Chong to Oprah:

N-Word Attack Was

A COMPLIMENT

7/19/2013 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

071913_rae_dawn_sorry_ilaunch
Rae Dawn Chong says TMZ caused her a world of hurt by running only a portion of her tirade against Oprah Winfrey ... and her comments, including calling O a "field n**ger" were actually intended as a compliment.

RDC just released a video statement in which she does not apologize ... although she says she regrets using the N-word to describe her former "Color Purple" co-star.

As you know, Rae mused that Oprah wasn't fit to be a "house n**ger" but would be relegated to a "field n**ger" back in the day ...although Ray thinks "back in the day" is 60 years ago.

Frankly the video is hard to follow, Rae never explains how she intended the N-word to serve as a compliment.

She also never explains how calling Oprah fat, ugly and a brown-noser is high praise.

Watch the video.

sirklza

Apology not accepted. It's never OK to publicly use douche tactics to make a point.

Texas Gal

Lol, Evidently, Amanda Bynes hasn't cornered the market on crazy azz, attention seeking beotches!

Jim

I'm not watching the video and not watching anything this POS does or will do. I wonder if she's heard of "blacklisting" in Hollywood. She could have talked herself into the #1 spot on the list. Poke her with a fork, she's DONE.

Vonn

What a liar! Calling someone the N word, fat, and unattractive is not a compliment. She went on & on about Oprah being fat. Too bad she didn't think before she spoke during that interview. RDC kiss your career good bye bye bye,

taz

She sounds nuts.

ed

Who friggin' cares?

grammaj

Back in the day, we all would have been British subjects ! It's time to look forward and put this race crap behind us. We're all American , free and working hard just to survive.

chickie

So why isn't this loser being treated the same way as Paula Deen?

lisa2

Beyotch please...

Bob

I have never heard of her before in my entire life. I still am not sure who she is, and am not sure I want to. It seems obvious that she came forward about her interactions 20+ years ago as an attempt to get recognition and airtime. Sadly, it's working. If she really had such bad interactions so many years ago, she would have brought them up back then. Now it just seems like an attempt to grab some attention and "feel good" for 15 minutes. Maybe she is talented. don't know because she is 100% unknown to me. Can I say similar derogatory things and become instantly famous too?

JimmyB

Why do people open their big mouths? Shutting up never seems to be an option.

Kabukigirl

Come n now.. EVERYONE knowis it is ALWAYS ok for a black perosn to call another person the "n" word. Just wrong if the rest of the world does it! First tim e i ever h eard being called a field hand a compliment! lol.

hello!

All I can say is "WHAT?????"

nof

Personally, I like to think of myself as a-house-n*gro.

Who, in a pinch?

Could be SENT to the field.

cq77373

RDC is Tommy Chong's daughter. She played on Commando with Arnold S.