Jay Z & Beyonce

Protest In NYC

With Trayvon Martin's Mom

7/20/2013 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0720-jay-z-beyonce-sybrina-fulton
Jay Z and Beyonce have made it clear -- they believe justice was NOT served in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin ... they spent Saturday protesting the laws which allowed his killer to walk.

Photos of the superstar couple showed up on Instagram ... of Jay and Bey in NYC, protesting against "Stand Your Ground" laws ... the law in FL which allowed George Zimmerman to claim self-defense in the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon.

J & B were seen posing with Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, and Al Sharpton. Al reportedly told the crowd of protesters the famous couple was there ... but didn't want to speak and didn't come for a photo op.

As TMZ previously reported ... both Beyonce and Jay have taken time out of recent performances to honor Trayvon. And last week, Beyonce tagged a photo on Instagram "JusticeForTrayvon."

Jordan

If you want to make a difference in Florida than you need to March in Florida. Why NY Nothing will happen with Florida Laws when you Protest in NY.

Jim

Wasn't Trayvon raised for 14 years by his step mother? Now his biological mother is cloaking herself as the grieving parent? Anyone know the whole story?

pda543

There are only two people who really know what happened that night and one is dead. I don't think Zimmerman should have been following Travon, but that does not give Travon the right to beat the crap out of him. My opinion is that Zimmerman was following him based on the perception that blacks are prone to crime and violence and that he was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be looking for trouble. Black's should change the way they act and promote themselves if other races opinions of them are going to change.

ChinLee3

Jay-Z and Beyonce are just as big of race profiteers as Sharpton and all the rest. Why be one of the pack? Why think and follow their own style and path, If you're not a thug...why you wearing a thugs uniform?

MoniKaur7

Yesterday, I stubbed my toe.

Big Daddy

Trayvon got what he deserved...lesson to all you wannabe gangsters out there, be very careful who you decide to assault as you never know, they may be packing some heat. BANG..YOU DEAD NI$$A!

Marc

Why not report on this TMZ?

George Zimmerman voted and campaigned for Obama.
George Zimmerman and his black friend opened an insurance company in Florida.
George Zimmerman has black family members. Some of George's black family members lived with him, at some point.
George Zimmerman launched a campaign to help a homeless black man who was beaten up by a white kid.
George dated and took a black girl to the prom.
George Zimmerman also mentored young black males.
George Zimmerman's great grandfather was black.

Trayvon Martin had been kicked out of school for possession of pot.
Trayvon Martin was a regular user of Purple Lean( made by mixing robotussein cough syrup with candies such as skittles and watermelon arizona drink. Coincidently the 2 items he purchased at the store that night)
Trayvon Martin had been caught at school with burglary tools and stolen jewelry.
Trayvon Martin was racist.

robert

Trayvon Martin was a drug dealing gang member who assaulted a man with a gun - they should give Zimmerman a medal for putting that piece of **** down

Lucy in the Sky

Stop with this race crap!! This is not the dream MLK! He did not want EITHER race belittling each other... I'm sick of it.. This is a human issue! People wake up and realize this happens to all races, all ages... If TM was white, and GZ was black, this never would have made the news.. It's double standards.. It's ok for "black" people to call me a cracker, but lord help me if I stand up for myself, I'm the racist... Even if I never utter a racial term (which won't happen EVER) .

Stop making it about race, and start making it about human rights...

R

Anyone very disturbed by how illiterate and uneducated and uninformed Rachel seems to be?

Michelle

I so wish these two zero-talented thugs would STFU!!! They are using this case to bolster themselves, "Look at me!" This nasty talentless chick and her less talented need to disappear. They are part of the damn problem.

Cook

Let's face it ,if both were black,you would have never seen this case come up.That's true and everyone knows it.Just another way for brother Al to make more money.

Dan

Trayvon got his justice. He attacked someone and got shot and killed. THAT IS JUSTICE!! These people are just IDIOTS, every last one of them, because they are acting like spoiled little brat children who didn't get their way. I use to have no prejudices against black people. In fact some of my closest friends throughout my life have been black. Now, today, I am certainly becoming prejudice against them. I am so sick of their behavior, their BS, their attitudes, and their "Im owed something" mentalities.

Meh..

No Justice No Peas, No Justice No Peas, only carrots and broccoli, only carrots and broccoli.

N. Doe

So "I was Trayvon" Obama and his pals Jay-Z and Al want us to just lay down and take it if someone is beating on us? I'll listen when they fire their bodyguards and move out of their gated communities...