George Zimmerman

RESCUES FAMILY

After Car Crash ... Cops Say

7/22/2013 12:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0722-george_zimmerman

George Zimmerman is being hailed a HERO in Florida this morning ... after cops say he helped RESCUE a family of 4 from an overturned vehicle just days after the Trayvon Martin verdict.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office tells TMZ ... around 5:45 pm on Wednesday July 17, Zimmerman noticed an overturned SUV off a highway in Sanford, FL ... and sprang into action.

According to the SCSO, Zimmerman and another man approached the car and helped all 4 of the passengers -- 2 parents and 2 children -- get out of the wrecked car.

Cops say ... "Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after making contact with the deputy.  There were no reports of injuries to the vehicle occupants."

FYI -- Zimmerman was acquitted of murdering Trayvon Martin on the evening of July 13th.

The identity of the family has not been released.

Story developing ...

2idiots

Strange how whenever anything happens, George always seems to be around.
I wonder why George "left" (the scene) after making contact the SCSD...was he off to stop more crime or help others?

Mikey

Superman.

Travis M.

STAGED to improve his image!!!

whatev

Why didn't he shoot and kill them? They were probably doing more wrong than Trayvon. Unless carrying skittles is worse than speeding.

TMZjunkie

I'm not surprised...he's always helped others out. He is a good guy with a good heart.

CLOSETGOSSIP

I'm sure he shot out the tires! Doesn't change a damn thing though because he is forever covered in Trayvon's blood.

jen

I have saved someone in the past when their car flipped, and no one alerted the media, wtf?? Oh wait, I'm not George Zimmerman..

Woot

Old Fluffy McSta-Puft probably paid one of his lackey friends to crash their car near him so he could skip forth and sing out, "Here I come to save the DAAAAAY!" What a steaming pile of feces.

pax

The timing is very convenient. Can't help but think that this might be a blue line PR stunt orchestrated for the son of a retired magistrate. But even if it's true, it doesn't erase the killing of Trayvon Martin.

kgg

The story I read on Yahoo said nothing about a family..just that he helped rescue a man from an overturned truck. Either way, he did a good thing. Can't we just leave it at that?

Tom

F tmz!! Glorying the fat f child killer!! Sure he saved a family! Please Ray Donovan fixed it!

jokerchick

well they had to be non threatening and Mexican looking or he would've pulled out his pistola and shot them

2idiots

Golly, I wonder WHO "leaked" this story? Was it Georgie, his Momma or the SCSD? Seems like a poorly organized PR Stunt ..... I'm guessing Kris Jenner-Kardashian-"Jenner" orchestrated this?

Anita

It's a shame Americans turned this into a racial problem..now we can't even praise him for anything good? Hopefully he gets passed this and lives happily ever after. My prayers go out to his whole family

Natasha316

Please! That mad didn't save anyone but I must say he got some true blues in his corner. I need his agent.