Miley Cyrus

Of Course I'm Singing About Ecstasy, You Idiots

7/22/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0722_miley_cyrus
Here's a shocker ... Miley Cyrus just admitted she actually IS singing about ecstasy in her new song "We Can't Stop" -- claiming she and the song's producer originally lied about the song's real lyrics in order to get radio play.

You'll recall, the song caught a lot of flack for its overt drug references -- including a line that sounds like "dancing with molly" (aka MDMA).

The song's producer insisted the line was actually "dancing with Miley" -- but the singer is now saying it was all a lie.

Miley told the Daily Mail, "If you're aged ten [the lyric is] Miley. If you know what I'm talking about then you know. I just wanted it to be played on the radio and they've already had to edit it so much."

And if that wasn't clear enough, she added, "I don't think people have a hard time understanding that I've grown up. You can Google me and you know what I'm up to -- you know what the lyric is saying."

And now here's the really hot music video.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

zigzag

.....I mean, at least her "producer" could admit that 'molly' is a term for X in her "video".....Im sure her mother is so dam proud of her and her dadd6 ashamed!...Go Miley!!! Hey Miley, WHEN's THE NEXT VIDEO COMMING OUT OF U SNORTING LINES OF COMMIT IN THE BATHROOM???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ...Laughing because this is dam funny....

T

I knew she meant drugs, my girlfriend telling me "she means Miley" TUHHH I know what the hell I was talking about .... All these singers are getting pathetic and Miley is hurriedly becoming one of them and it's sad. Now before the asshurt people comment with "she's grown it's her life", you probably wouldn't be saying that **** if it was your daughter, yea this crazy gank (Victorious reference, I know it means to steal but I don't use the word bitch on people I don't know) is rich and all that but don't use wealth and fame to be stupid.

asdfghjkl

I made an account solely so that I can make this comment:

Shut up, you little bitches. Stop judging her and worry about yourself. She is not an idiot, she's very talented, and she might have strayed from what, let's be honest, most people including myself consider to be the right path to take in life, but at least she's out there doing what she wants to do and what makes her happy. Also, /you/ are the trash if you insult other people for liking her music and consider yourself better than them, especially if you're just spending your free time here, writing negative comments about Miley and other famous people. Now good day. *whispers agressively* /Good day./

Holly

Molly is safe? Molly is still illegal, so it can't be that safe. And though I agree that the government needs to update their laws and legalize some of the drugs that are safe, they haven't yet. Therefore they're still illegal and should not be publicized about. No famous person should talk of their drug use because its illegal and is giving children the wrong idea about life. If you can't party and have fun without drugs, then you provably have problems. Miley isnt "grown up" she is not "mature" she is trying too hard to be. She is a 12 year old girl trying on her mommys clothes and trying to find herself. I personally love this song. Its catchy and awesome, but the drug references aren't needed. It'd be a better song without them. "Molly" might be considered a safe drug to you, but until its legalized in all 50 states artists should not sing or rap about them. That goes for anyone, not just Miley.

K_Shizzle123

I love Miley Cyrus & I always will because I know the true person she is underneath. She doesnt need to make excuses as to why she changed. No one forced her to have long hair or dress the way she did, as she has said in the past. If she didnt like extensions, she didnt have to wear them. She has been acting like nothing but a wannabe trying to fit in where she doesnt belong. She cut her hair because I bet her new crowd of friends talked her into it. Why all of a sudden where little clothes most of the time and try to act gangster when less than a year ago you dressed like a classy woman? BY CHOICE! She doesnt need to be the innocent, Disney Miley, but she doesnt need to go all out crazy about growing up. Growing up doesnt mean sex, drugs, and no clothes! I've seen videos that SHE posts on facebook of her kicking it and she just looks liike an awkward, like I said, WANNABE. Ruining her life, using drugs, just because she wants to rebel and lose her child image? She doesnt deserve a teen choice award. She's a horrible influence & I would cover my childs eyes if I ever saw her Televsion, no matter what age they are! Daddy should have kept her under lock and key.

sarahXOslut1999

Miley is a grown woman and can do what ever she wants!
If she killed someone, it would be for a good reason!
If she says X is OK then its ok!!
I want to be just like her when I grow up!
You should all bow down to your ruler.

Benjamin Schran

Are you kidding... "hot music video"... she is revolting

Zin Bradley

"I don't think ppl have a hard time understanding that I've grown up. So...let me get this straight: because you're singing about ecstasy and making drug references in your music, that means you're grown up? To me, it implies just the opposite. There are plenty of "grown ups" who don't spend their time doing ecstasy and drugs. Congrats Miley: it looks like you've turned out real well.......

blck_caucasian

Look ppl should seriously stop talking bad about her! First of all the target of that song is us, young ppl (im 21 and a guy btw) who really don't see ourselves as office slaves bitches, we just wanna get money and have fun, not be worried abt adult stuff seriously and I know I sound really immature saying this but hey that's the truth, just suck it up! We have the right to make our own mistakes and learn from them you know, we all try drugs at a certain moment of our life, I did but I also realize how useless it was and stopped, she will eventually, just give her a chance, she's just being true abt herself and our entire generation and damn I love it! Also she she could just be acting you know cause everyone is singing abt sex drug party cause it's what's pay off nowadays, you can't blame it on her, she may just be doing what's best for her career and it's obviously working! If you don't wanna hear abt drug and sex then you probably won't listen to music anymore, im not saying doing drugs should be encouraged but at some point let ppl do what the ***k they want from the moment they reached maturity! Personally I say the song is totally kicking ass and the video couldn't be better, im 100% behind her!!! And btw no matter hard you try stopping your children from doing drug if they want to they will just as you did back in time. ..im out

misstracyrenae

Molly is not "safe". & just as much as any other moron who promotes risky behavior to impressionable adolescents, Miley is being reckless. She was not raised in the hood or been involved with gangs, etc. but she acts like she really expects ppl to see her as a "G". Are you kidding me? She's making a fool out of herself. There isn't much, if anything leftfor her to do to shock the world, so what will she do when ppl finally get bored with her? Jump off a cliff? Shave her head...oh wait, she pretty much did that & it's already been done...twice-so when will it all fall down for Miley? When she o.d.s on the oh so safe "molly" & whatever she's snorting in the bathroom...just because she thinks she's above everything & everyone, doesn't mean she is. Look at Amy Whinehouse, Kurt Cobain, Cory Monteith...& the list goes on...I'm sure they didn't think they'd grow up to die young. She needs to "stop", or at least slow down. I Hope it works out for her...

World we live in

MDMA is all of a sudden a dangerous drug? Who decided this? It was sold to the public in magazines in the US. Real MDMA has never killed anyone to date. Always false rumors and government propaganda make something illegal prior than giving it the justified research. Why does this sound familiar(marijuana)? Liquor is far more deadly and addictive but no one dares to outlaw it($$$). What happened to a free country?Lack of education prior to judgment seems to be the norm lately. Go Miley!!! Do what you want as long as no one gets hurt ;)

Patty

Pro dromal phase? I wouldn't be surprised if she comes down with psychosis.

mfka

the video sucked, the song sucked ..

mfka

she can't even sing on this song tho .. the video is trash and she looks stupid af trying to hump a bed ..

Rick Schiller

Hello Molly, well hello Molly. It's so nice to see the TV's brought you home. You're looking swell Molly, i can tell Molly, youre still growing youre still crowing. Can you hearthe phone? I feel the room swaying, cause the DJs playing, one of Miley's songs from days gone by, So here's my vat fellas, let's make another batch fellas. Molly will never go away again….. I fell away from the lights on Molly Street, and into my personal crave, but now that i'm back in the lights of Molly Street, tomorrow will be brighter than the goooood, old cocaine phase. Snort it with me Sweet. Hello (well hello) Molly, well hello (hey look) its Molly hate to see you Gaga Madge and Miley go, so here's the vat fellas, get them another batch fellas, Molly our girl is Breaking Bad today.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13