Miley Cyrus

Of Course I'm Singing About Ecstasy, You Idiots

7/22/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0722_miley_cyrus
Here's a shocker ... Miley Cyrus just admitted she actually IS singing about ecstasy in her new song "We Can't Stop" -- claiming she and the song's producer originally lied about the song's real lyrics in order to get radio play.

You'll recall, the song caught a lot of flack for its overt drug references -- including a line that sounds like "dancing with molly" (aka MDMA).

The song's producer insisted the line was actually "dancing with Miley" -- but the singer is now saying it was all a lie.

Miley told the Daily Mail, "If you're aged ten [the lyric is] Miley. If you know what I'm talking about then you know. I just wanted it to be played on the radio and they've already had to edit it so much."

And if that wasn't clear enough, she added, "I don't think people have a hard time understanding that I've grown up. You can Google me and you know what I'm up to -- you know what the lyric is saying."

And now here's the really hot music video.

Joe

That video is considered Hot by TMZ? Meh. Rebecca Black's "Friday" was better

Squatting Thunder

she gets fuglier every day

Brooke

Why do people brag about drug use? Do they think it makes them sound cool? It makes them seem childish, not grown up.

Luna

I'm 25 and never touch a drug in my life. Not even alcohol.

Miley you don't have do drugs to be a grown up. And why is ecstasy an acceptable drug nowadays? That stuff is pretty heavy and dangerous.

L♥ve

Growing up is one thing but acting like a total drugged out prostitute is something completely different

Jordy

Thing is, she hasn't grown up. She thinks acting out and dressing provacative and talking about drugs makes her grown up and mature. But it doesn't. She's as immature and childish as she was when she was 12. The topics of discussion have just changed. If she thinks her behavior and demeanor makes her an adult just because she's 20. She's an inane worthless piece of trash. Which she is making it very apparent she it. It's funny when 16 year olds are more mature and knowledgable than her.

astrid

Now if she could say whether she was on molly in the making of this video!!

Mom2

Grown up? I see a child in a downward spiral. Very sad.

Sherri

She is nothing but whorish and white trash. She Just another Lohan or Amanda Bynes

j

I accidentally watched this on tv the other day and all I thought was she sure is copying old school Madonna and how desperate Miley looks in this video, she comes off as really stupid and not rally knowing who she is at all. The video is just sad and pathetic, funny how kids think they a re doing something new under the sun..we have already seen all this and it is tired. More importantly, she comes off as needing lots of attention. Sad.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

Never thought this one would land in the world of SKANK, but there's no turning back now.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

She goes from one extreme to another, from Hannah Montana Goody Two Shoes to whorish white trash. Isn´t there any middle for these people?

BECKER

SKANK

chickie

Just another piece of white trash in America. She claims to be all grown up now, but acts more immature every day.

rlemons

She's so gross now. What the hell happened to her? There's a difference between classy and trashy.