« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MLB Star Ryan Braun

SUSPENDED for Season

Over Juicing Allegations

7/22/2013 2:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0722_ryan-braun_gettyRyan Braun -- the 2011 National League MVP -- has been suspended without pay for the rest of the season amid allegations he was using performance enhancing drugs.

MLB Commissioner Bud Selig made the announcement ... saying the Milwaukee Brewers outfielder violated the league's policy on substance abuse.

FYI -- the allegations came to light after authorities raided the Biogenesis clinic in Florida and discovered records linking Braun -- and a host of other MLB stars -- to PED purchases.

Braun's suspension will go into effect immediately and last the remaining 65 games of the season.

Braun released a statement saying ... "As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization."

The statement continues, "I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed -- all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love."

Braun allegedly failed a MLB-administered urine test back in 2011 ... and was facing a 50 game suspension. But MLB's case fell apart thanks to a courier who allegedly mishandled the samples before they were tested.

As for Alex Rodriguez, who was also reportedly linked to the Biogenesis lab -- the MLB hasn't commented on his situation ... yet.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carol L

Why does he get to keep the 2011 MVP award. Seems to me Matt Kemp deserved it in 2011.....

Toilethead

They should suspend him for life.

Scott

1 of many to follow ahemmmm paging A-Rod Madonna did not cover your bill please come to the front desk!

Peace

Mumra the Ever Living

C'mon, admit it. Look at this mans smug ass look and tell me you don't want to smash his teeth out with a baseball bat.

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

Athletes should be allowed to use performance enhancing drugs. Bodybuilders are allowed to use them, so why not athletes?

Areader

The MLB wanted Ryan Braun bad and now they got him....A Rod is next!

Areader

The MLB has wanted Ryan Braun bad since he beat his last PED charge and now they've got him....A Rod is next!

tamtam

His cheating a$$ was awarded the MVP over Matt Kemp while juiced up. Makes me sick b/c Kemp deserved that award.

Mumra the Ever Living

NASCAR has taken note of this and have decided on some exciting changes for next year:

anthony78

So Matt kemp should of got the mvp! They should take it feom him!

CoconutScrimp

Go read all them comments Ryan made after he was found "innocent". Unbelievable!

DogsRule

A-ROID IS NEXT!!

Mike

A-Rod is next and I've heard 20 players will be suspended. I'm frankly so tired of these cheaters and pro baseball in general. I love baseball, my kids played in Little League and we are MLB season ticket holders but now I think why? Cheating and doping seems like the the way to the top for many players. This sucks.

darkhorse91