Anthony Weiner

Some Sexting Happened

AFTER My Resignation

7/23/2013 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

072313_anthony_weiner_cnn_launch
NYC mayoral candidate and self-admitted Internet perv Anthony Weiner says he continued to engage in SEXTING other dirty sex stuff AFTER he resigned from office.

Weiner said the most recent sexting incident took place last summer.

Weiner says the sexting "is entirely behind me now" ... and he will not drop out of the race for NYC mayor.

Weiner's wife Huma Abedin -- who looked SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE during the event -- also addressed the media ... and said she decided to stay married to Weiner because she felt it was the best decision for the family.

"I have forgiven him, I believe in him and as I have said from the beginning we are moving forward," Huma said.

During the media conference, a creepy guy behind a cubicle kept popping up behind Weiner like a whac-a-mole. At one point, the guy waved ... it was pretty hilarious.

0723_CREEPY_GUY_weinerWeiner initially called for the news conference to address the latest allegations -- first reported by TheDirty.com-- involving lewd photos and chat messages he sent to a 22-year-old girl on the Internet in 2012.

Weiner resigned from Congress in 2011.

Weiner has already released a statement admitting the chats were real ... but didn't say whether the Internet affair actually occurred in the wake of his infamous 2011 sexting scandal, as the 22-year-old woman is claiming.

Weiner said, “I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have."

0723_huma_abedin_awkward_expressions_footer

dierdre

How very pathetic that his wife is standing by him. WOW she must be really hungry for the political media attention. To still stay with this sleaze bag is beyond me. What is wrong with her anyway? I heard she used to be Hilary Clinton's right hand aide or whatever. Now that makes sense. The stand by you sleaze man, no matter what he does. ewwwwww......

anne2

What a filthy dirt-bag pig he is!! The wife is just as insane as he is..

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Where was this "media conference" held? Why would they hold it in an active office where "creepy guys" are walking around and taking pictures of Carlos Danger here with their smart phones?

KB

Seriously, I could have felt sorry for him IF he didn't actually sext AFTER he resigned. I mean, he'd already learned that these women couldn't be trusted. That doesn't show very good decision-making skills. And his wife is an idiot to think it's worth staying.

Christine

Dude is perv and won't change. She's an idiot and she should get out while she can cause he is only gonna go downhill.

jill

WOW some one PLEASE get that woman a divorce lawyer. This cheating slimy S***B BAG needs to get his walking papers ASAP. I cannot believe she has no regard for herself. NEWS FLASH TO HIS WIFE. HE IS NOT GOING TO STOP DOING THIS !

Lisa

She made a mistake being pregnant. She could have bolted long time ago. Hard to leave a douche when there are kids involved. But I will honestly say I am dumbfounded. Either their sex life must be a bore and they are not compatible in bed or the guy is just a sex addict.

Stanley

Okay, his wife is even more pathetic than him. Why on earth would you stay with a freak like this? I'm sorry but there is no way in hell I would stay with this man and I certainly would not want him around my child. What a freak!

timmsa

My question here is. What dirt does this guy have on his wife, for her to stay with a man like this. And what is this teaching their son? I mean there is no way I would stay with a guy like this.

BaadBoy

His wife ain't bad looking. If she screws around too, I'd bang her.

Lynn317

First time, shame on you
Second time well - makes it hard to believe anything he says or does. If he didn't learn his lesson last time by being publicly humiliated - he never will.
Most people want a mayor who makes decisions by using their head - the one above the belt, not below.

taz

TMZ, your creepy guy arrow is pointed at the wrong guy. Wiener and his wiener are cooked, done, over. His wife must be a simp.

taz

Where are his shoulders?

Jericho Morton

I am not really concerned about her, there seems none from her for him or the situation or vice versa.. What does is in monotone promise A YEAR BEFORE this filthy fiddling means he lied right in your face, and ran off doing exactly what he wants. The trophy wife is happy enough, and so is Weiner . So, how do you get rid of that? What needs to happen right now?

USArmy

It won't matter. The New York voters will elect him. Morals no longer matter. Why are people surprised that she is staying with him? Her mentor was Hillary Clinton.