« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike Tyson

I SUCKED AT PUNCH-OUT

Couldn't Even Beat Glass Joe

7/24/2013 6:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072413_mike_tyson_launch
Glass Joe was a BUM -- a talentless, pathetic sissy who got beat down by just about everyone who owned a Nintendo back in the '80s ... everyone except THE REAL MIKE TYSON!!!!

Tyson was leaving Crustacean in Beverly Hills last night when we brought up the greatest video of all time -- not Contra, not Tetris, not even Ninja Gaiden ... we're talkin' Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for the NES.

But despite the fact his 8-bit alter ego was almost impossible to defeat, flesh-and-blood Tyson says he was so bad at the game, he couldn't get past the 1st character ... Glass Joe.

Mike says he didn't really get into video games until 2006, 2007 ... but now he LOVES 'em ... and says he's even become obsessed with a couple of titles.

BTW, Mike ... if you ever get the urge to crack open MTPO, just remember -- 007-373-5963.

You're welcome.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

moveover

Why would you be giving this convicted rapist any face time on your site?

tgrfan42069

super punch out had gabby jay..yaaaaaaaaaay

rhode

Seriously,I remember playing this in my mom's basement when it first came out and I was 13. But better games from '87 would be Blaster Master and Metroid.

HooahJuice

Tyson! TMZ comments are lame!!!..

Douchebag reply in 5..4...3...2...1

verlinda

Mike was kicking "real ass " in the 80's

mrharrybawls2012

You were afraid you'd lose to George Foreman too right Mikey? Don King tried to set up a fight between tyson and foreman and mikey got up from the table almost in tears saying "I'm not fighting that animal!!" He knew he would lose. Muhammad Ali not only fought foreman (when foreman was in his prime) , Ali kicked george's azz. Ali 1000X > mikey

Amanda Shaw

He didn't suck at punching Robin Givens.

Devil

LOL He said Tour of Duty

ITS CALL OF DUTY!!! HAHAHAHA

arale norimaki

Dear Lord, please give me the cheat codes to Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I have been stuck on Bald Bull for four years. I tried left, left, up, B, dodge, Uppercut, but he still knocks me out. And you know, they said you're suppose to go right, B, up, dodge, left, Uppercut... .. listen to me tell you how to play the game.

BLUE UGLY 💩

STICK TO BEATING WOMEN MIKE (NOT)

HRH Prince Michael

@MrHarryFairy: Your ignorance in-regards to "The Sweet Science", is glaring.

Ali, was knocked-down, and lost by decision in Ali-Frazier I ("God just got his a**-kicked" - Smokin' Joe Frazier)
Whereas, Mr. Tyson was K.O'd by a huge Buster Douglas, who not unlike Ali, was a great BOXER.
Now Tyson's style was actually akin to..Smokin' Joe...swarming...inside..relentless, and was a
classic one-punch K.O. - PUNCHER.
Again, Ali did not posses the sheer size (Read: Power) of Buster Douglas, so this must be taken into consideration.
Mr. Tyson -and he would not admit it- in his prime,
certainly would've given Ali -in his prime- a fight.

"Boxing, the ULTIMATE Contact-sport"

HRH Prince Michael

@Mr.HarryScary: Ah, another recent graduate of Google U.
Firstly, Tyson did NOT have problems with taller fighters -can you say Frank Bruno? Michael, had problems with large BOXERS.
Again: James "Buster" Douglas, had an 83-inch reach..Ali, 77-inch. The way Mr. Douglas doubled and TRIPLED the jab -beautifully- was instrumental in his well-deserved victory. Holyfield? Consummate, BOXER.
Both, kept Michael on the OUTSIDE.
The Greatest of All-Time?
Sugar Ray Robinson.

Reggiedunlop

So did I!! Dad?

jsb

I play the zombieth, I like the zombieth

samael

Come on TMZ you could not find one celeb. who is NOT a convicted rapist and you could not find anyone that does NOT beat his spouse?

Disappointed. His victims have not forgotten, why should we?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments