Puddle of Mudd Singer [UPDATE]

WITH A BUZZ SAW

7/24/2013 5:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072513_wes_scantin_launch
update_bar
7/25 --
TMZ shot footage of Scantlin leaving the police station Wednesday night. On the way out, Scantlin defended himself, "My neighbor vandalized my house so I had to take action."

He also mentioned the sledgehammer ... but was mum on the buzz saw.

gray-bar-update

Puddle of Mudd
singer Wes Scantlin is behind bars in L.A. ... after allegedly vandalizing his neighbor's property WITH A BUZZ SAW ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Scantlin and his neighbor have been feuding for a while -- and it all came to a head this afternoon when Wes allegedly whipped out a buzz saw and went all Leatherface on the neighbor's patio.

We're told Wes also took a sledgehammer to a brick or cinder block wall -- which Wes thinks the neighbor put up on his side of the property line.

Cops arrived to the scene and arrested the 41-year-old for felony vandalism.

It's unclear what was destroyed in the alleged saw attack ... but we're assuming the neighbor was left unscathed, or Scantlin would probably be facing attempted murder charges.

Scantlin is no stranger to the law -- the "She Hates Me" singer has been arrested several times over the years for things like drugs, domestic violence and being a drunken d-bag at an airport in Texas.

Nancy

trailer trash

Jeff

That's what happen when you start doing drugs ... the singer totally went down hill after 2004

burning_plastic

If they really built on his property and he can prove it all he had to do was sti back and wait for the court to tell them to demolish it. Disputes between neighbors can get ugly so I want to give him a break but he sounds like he should have all his power tools taken away before he hurts himself.

T.C. Mits

TMZ calling someone a d-bag? Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

21stcent

Neighbors, some of them just Pi** you off. Thankfully mine aren't close

nof

Love the writing of this story, TMZ.

Specifically:

"Went all Leatherface on the neighbor's patio."

Writing doesn't GET any better than that -

-Standing O.

Scary

If the wall can be shown to be really on his property, does the wall still count towards the felony vandalism? Seems silly to get in a fight - just find out where the real property line is.

AMY D

This piece of s h i t deserved to be locked up years ago. Maybe had the judicial system not be a joke, he would have been, and the public wouldn't have been subjected to HORRIBLE crap he calls "music",

LetsBeReAL

Blurry was probably one of the best songs from my generation. Still gives me chills when I hear it but Wes looks like stereotypical a** that doesn't know what to do with himself now that he probably spent all those royalty checks and has no new hit music.

Karma

This guy is methtarded

Um Yeah

Lets just blame Fred Durst

mr.howell

Like I said before on here..he looks like a killer from a 1970's horror film!..what a psycho!,looks like he might have std's too!..

NOT ELMO

Puddle of Mudd Singer
Arrested for Vandalism.............i am sooo proud of you !

nof

Had a neighbor a few years back - old Chinese guy.

Big attitude problem -

We're in side-by-side balconies - N.E. Los Angeles.

Decides I'm to be his new-best-friend.

Moment I move in.

When it wasn't what I wanted and/or in my best interests?

i.e. to get into long, rambling conversations with him as we enjoyed our views/balconies.

Went all Leatherface on me.

As TMZ would say.

Began smoking cigars out there.

Waving the smoke into my unit.

Using a fan to force the cigar smoke in/at me.

Such was his sense of rejection.

Made sure I SAW him smoking these foot-longs.

Looked in my living room unit and from HIS pov.

TRIED to make my life as miserable as possible.

Contesting, legally and via management.

His RIGHT to enjoy a fine-azz cigar.

24/7.

Neighbors with mental illness or shut-ins?

They're the ones you actually have to kill.

Cuz they won't and don't stop.

nof

I didn't have a SAW at the time?

But was PRICING saws...