Beth Chapman

Arrest Warrant Issued

7/25/2013 11:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0725_beth_chapman_tmz2
Beth Chapman is learning the hard way ... you don't call another chick a whore and a slut in Colorado ... because she's now facing imminent arrest.

Beth and hubby Dog the Bounty Hunter were fishing at a lake earlier this month when a car roared by ... which didn't sit well with the famous couple and their kids.  Beth allegedly began berating the teenage passenger, whom she called a tramp, a whore and a slut, among other choice words.

The situation escalated ... and Beth called 911, claiming one of the people in the party she confronted was ominously carrying a gun with his hand on the grip.

By the time cops arrived, Beth and her brood had split.  But the teen filed a criminal harassment complaint.  Under Colorado law, if someone taunts, challenges or uses "coarse language" against someone, it's a crime.  It appears slut and whore qualify.

So cops issued a summons for Beth to appear in court on the misdemeanor harassment charge.  Law enforcement tells TMZ ... they called her on her cell several times to come down to the station to pick up the summons, but she blew them off.

So police issued an arrest warrant, which means Dog could make some money by cuffing his wife and taking her to the station -- kidding.

Cops tell us ... Beth's lawyer has already contacted them, and arranged for Beth to turn herself in and accept the summons.

0725-dog-bounty-hunter-gun-tmz
BTW ... Colorado cops tell us ... the guy with the gun didn't violate the law, and in Colorado you can walk into a grocery story with a gun in holster and it's perfectly legal.

NJ

So America is a free country? Free to do what exactly?

Peter Popoff

I can't stand Beth or Dog fake a.ss Wanna be police

Helen

You mouth off to an adult, you deserve a foot up your butt

Moe Greene

Good. She deserves to get slapped around a bit by the law. She thinks she is above the law. I hope they hit her with a child abuse charge as well.

Helen

Do we still live in a free country. Free speech is now subjected to fines

Me

I don't care who this article is about. That isn't what has blown my mind. The fact that I could walk around with a gun on my hip and my hand on the grip and that's fine.. but the second I call someone a whore I go to jail ? ... Seriously?

So when are they changing the state motto again?

Colorado: The negative effects of medical marijuana. Bring your own munchies. We're out.

Helen

FREE COUNTRY, NOT IN COLORADO , HOME OF THE FREE SPEECH FINES

Helen

Good for Beth for sticking up for her kids. Anyone else with kids and any sense would do exactly the same. This story is a joke

Azi

I'm surprised that after verbally assaulting this teen, they didn't stop to pray.

Secondly, if Duane Chapman could legally carry a gun, he probably would.

Scary

Who knew Colorado is the home of the word police.

StacieL.Kleemann

That's crazy!! Its ok for people to walk around in public places with a gun, but if you call someone a whore you can possibly go to jail? I think Colorado has some of their laws mixed up!! No wonder why a lot of crazy things happen their that make World Wide News.. I don't get it? You can't call people names but you can walk around with a gun? All I can say is.. WOW!!

Mike West

The friggin tatted thug with the gun convinces me that she was right. What kinda of people screw with a woman protecting young kids. You gonna get bitten

instinct !!!!!

Helen

Just another reason to avoid Colorado, no free speech

Helen

LOVE BETH< GO BETH< Free speech for America

LordGobblecock

thought that was Aguilera for a minute. Anyways, Colorado sounds like one effed up hellhole.