« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Daniel 'Boobie' Gibson

Accuser Insulted My Wife

in a 'Profane Way'

7/29/2013 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072913_daniel_gibson_tmzlive_launch
Daniel "Boobie" Gibson tells TMZ ... he was just defending his wife's honor when he got into an altercation with a man at the Essence Music Festival earlier this month ... after the guy disrespected Keyshia Cole in a "profane way."

Gibson -- who played with the Cleveland Cavaliers last season -- just called in to "TMZ Live" to explain why he turned himself in to police in New Orleans today on 2nd degree battery charges.

Boobie says Keyshia was performing at the event ... when some guy approached her and spouted off some very "disrespectful" comments toward the singer.

Boobie says an altercation broke out and "safety was threatened" ... so Boobie says he "needed to take action."

Despite the allegations against him, Boobie says he did nothing wrong -- adding, "I have nothing to be ashamed of or hide."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

R U SERIOUS?

Something tells me the comment may have been in reference to her skunk hair

IloveUsherRaymondiv

He did the right thing stand up for your woman or hear about how you didn't later

BaddieBrit

I love it

ElMikey

"Boobie" it's your name bro!!!

DIAMOND

I totally respect him....I would have had disrespect for him if he stood by and let the individual disrespect his wife. What real man would do something like that. People may be famous but they are also human with feelings.

Yawdie Gyal

Guess Keyshia can't afford security....**shrugs shoulders** Whatever happened to sticks and stones? You're never supposed to attack someone.....Unless they talk about your mama. That's a no no...

Jaseun

There is a huge problem in this culture of violence when 'being disrepecting' meants it's ok to respond with a violent assault. Stick and stones may break my bones but words can never harm me. Learn it.

victory

Gibson and Keisha are washed up! Neither has a career. Keisha played herself marrying this nobody.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2