Taylor Swift

The 1940s Bikini

Guys HATE It, Girls LOVE It

7/29/2013 8:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0729_taylor_swift_splashThe striped, belly button-covering bikini Taylor Swift rocked out in Rhode Island this weekend is DIVIDING THE COUNTRY ... or at least the TMZ newsroom.

It's been described as "super cute" and "stylish" by some (the women). It's also been described as "horrible," "diaperish" and "an American tragedy" by others (the men).

Now, we leave this important issue in your hands.

tenley

Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee

whocares

Love Love Love. 98% of guys are NOT stylish...We dress for each other boys...

some guy

She wears that bikini bottom to hide the C-section scars.

AMY D

As a woman, I find it hilarious . It's ugly .

Liz

Like a lot of fashion, it looks good only on certain body types. Swift's long-waisted, so it looks good on her. Short-waisted women can't wear this style. She's worn this in red-and-white polka dot, and that looked good on her too.

Kabukigirl

I'm a female and nt fond of that style at all. Even rail thin women like Taylor don't look good in them.

Dee

Not the most flattering bikini I've seen. It actually appears to make her look like she has a bit of a belly pouch which she doesn't have. The top also makes her look a bit saggy as well. It's not the easiest style to pull off even with a decent body like hers.

IceGypsy

I'm more of a rashguard shirt / shorts kinda girl. That suit is right up there with her "Stepford Wife" dresses. If she's not comfortable in a normal bikini, she should get a great once-piece. That suit makes her look very dated.

my 2 cents

The suit is for someone who actually swims.

nougat03

High-waist bottoms inject a slight vintage feel into otherwise modern swimwear. They accentuate the hips and a lot of people find that sexy.
As Dita Von Teese once said, "You can't dictate to a woman what should make her sexy."

lil-twisted

Obviously, I'm not the biggest Swift fan, but I have to give her credit - I've seen her pull off looks from most decades of the 20th century, and she does it pretty well.

roll3567

Regardless of whatshe wears, she exudes zero sexuality, so it doesn't matter.

pat

Put her in a regular bikini and I bet it wouldn't be flattering at all. She would look like sh*t.

She knows it too. That is why she wears nothing but these bottoms.

Phoenicks

She's young, beautiful, and has a great figure, yet she makes these kind of boring wardrobe decisions, despite the fact that she plays up her pop star image on all the magazines and all the videos.The only excuse she could possibly have is to start a new trend, but she's not known as a trend-setter.

Laurin