Emma Roberts' Dad

We Support Her Staying with BF After Violent Arrest

7/31/2013 12:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

073013_eric_roberts_launch
Emma Roberts
is an adult who can take care of herself -- so says the actress' dad Eric Roberts, who tells TMZ, he supports Emma's decision to stay with her BF following her domestic violence arrest this month.

As we reported, Emma was arrested in Montreal July 7th for attacking her boyfriend Evan Peters inside their hotel room, allegedly biting him and even giving him a bloody nose. Emma was eventually released because Evan didn't want to press charges. The two are still together.

But the question: how does Emma's dad feel about that? We asked and he said Emma is a grown-up who can make her own decisions ... as well as her own mistakes, and learn from them. Wise words.

But you've gotta see Eric's reaction to the obvious follow-up question -- would he support Emma MARRYING Evan?

Watch the video.

RockDesk

1. Eric Roberts seems like a really nice person.
2. I'd be more interested in hearing the views of the boyfriends parents!

bazinga

Eric is a clueless pothead and a nimrod of a parent.

diane

TMZ your reporter cannot form a sentence

Saint Bynes

Her dad is a DILF.

Verdi e Amarello

They all look.high.

Jo Ann

Of course they are not concerned. THEIR DAUGHTER IS THE OFFENDER!!! You should have asked the parents of Evan Peters how they feel about their son staying with a woman who beat up their son and then bit him!

DC22

It's so awkward watching these interviews when the camera guy can't get the words out! It's hard to watch. Besides that, I really like Eric and his family--they seem like nice, easy going people!

Comanchegurl

How the hell does this guy get a job talking to people?

Rhubino

Eric Roberts - star of the epic Sharktopus.

MCK

Sure he's fine with it...because she was the offender, not the victim. I bet he'd be singing a different tune if Emma was the one who had been attacked. How completely sad that domestic violence against men is considered acceptable. It isn't like she'll just magically change and never do it again.

whateveryou

I liked E.R.'s acting skills when he was younger, don't know what's happened with him in the past 20 yrs. & I get he's trying to be nice. But I've seen nothing that said he was even a good parent. He has his own past when it comes to being arrested & as the others posted,she wasn't said to be the victim, so... Why ask E.R. & Emma's step mom? It's the other parents that should be concerned. Alos SERIOUSLY TMZ needs to see if they can't stop all the ads people keep posting here in the comment section. It's making your site a bore to read through & I can't picture anyone clueless & bored enough to read through the ads.

Laura

What in hell is sitting on Eric's head? And I agree with the commenters that pointed out it's the victims' parents that should be asked these questions--not Emma's parents.

Stiletto

I think it's nice that TMZ is hiring ret@rds as cameramen...it keeps them out of the parks and decreases the amount of drool found on the benches.

NOT ELMO

Emma Roberts is Great

MoniP

I love Emma. I hope she will be fine and happy.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments