George Zimmerman

Stopped By Cops, Packing Heat

7/31/2013 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

073113_george_zimmerman_launch_v2
update_bar
1:55 PM PT --
We've obtained the police dashcam video of the stop ... in which George Zimmerman informs the cop he has a firearm in his glove box.

Both Zimmerman and the officer are very polite to each other during the stop.

Zimmerman remains in his vehicle during the entire incident.

gray-bar-update

George Zimmerman
is still armed and theoretically dangerous ... he was stopped by cops for speeding and revealed he had a gun in his glove compartment.

Zimmerman was speeding in Forney, Texas on Sunday, just after noon, when he was stopped by police.  Zimmerman told cops he was headed "nowhere in particular," and informed them he had a firearm in his glove compartment.

Zimmerman was given a warning, after cops determined he was free of warrants.  He was sent on his way with a polite goodbye, "Have a safe trip."

The stop lasted around 5 minutes.

BTW ... law enforcement tells TMZ ... he was NOT wearing a disguise ... it was full blown George Zimmerman.

0731_stars_support_trayvon_martin_footer_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

wattaz12

Thanks again snitches!!! You gave his ride and location. Good luck George! I know you will be safe in Gun Barrel, TX.

Greatnews

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!!!!

Dawn

He might think he have gotten away with murder, but the God I serve sits high and looks low. And to all of the Zimmerman fan club put yourself in Trayvon Martin parents shoes. But of course you can't, because if it was your child we wouldn't be having this conversation....

elias

if every single black person in America hated u im sure u would have a gun in your car too lol

Real n the field

i wonder how many black speeders that texan cop let off with a warning?? hmmm, let me quess...NONE!!

he would have drown his gun, and ordered the black driver out the car, had him turn around, and shot him in the back, and said "he was reaching for his imaginary gun"....
then the cop would have went to court, got acquitted by an all white jury, with the exception of "1" half latino, or colored jurer, and been found "NOT GUILTY"

Gerald Armstrong

I am a white male conservative, retired military, and have a concealed pistol permit. I do carry a gun for protection. However! George Zimmerman is nothing more than a loose cannon. My 2nd amendment gun toting friends disagree with me. they are defending him! I say, bull****! Travon Martin was doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman escalated the situation by one carrying a gun (against the by-laws of the neighborhood watch) and two by following Travon (even when he was told not to by dispatch). I could not justify shooting an unarmed person for any reason. Except that my life was in grave danger. Not because I caused it either. Zimmerman willingly put himslef in harms way. I'm sorry he got off. His judgement day will come! Praise The Lord!

BEVERLY

I am truly tired of hearing ?want to be a cop" GZ comes from a family in "Law Enforcement".and called police when he had doubt about Trayvon.At 17,and suspended more than once from school,Trayvon was "NO"ANGEL".He also had a responsibility,He was NOT in the woods,and helpless,he was in a complex with apts all around.He had a cell phone,and his girlfriend KNEW he was being followed,instead of asking for help,he went to confront the person.STUPID thing to do,Mothers want to tell there children something,Tell them to run screaming.and use cell phone,

Brian

Exactly how many death threats would have to be made before you think he'd be justified taking steps to protect himself?

Mr.Cooper

Hey,I has a dream that Mr.Zimmer is going to kill again, before the people welling see who he really is. Watch and see, I will gave him between the next 2yr to 3yr he well killed some one.

Jon

Zimmerman is a hero and deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. The only reason the white, liberal media stalks him because they're racist against Hispanics. People don't talk enough about how racist the left-leaning media is.

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22