MasterChef Finalist Josh Marks

Arrested in Violent Assault,

Claims He's God

7/31/2013 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731-josh-marks-mugshot

A top contender on "MasterChef" had a bizarre, violent encounter with cops in Chicago ... telling them Gordon Ramsay is an "asshole" who possessed his body and then transformed him into God ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... a University of Chicago cop spotted Josh Marks nearby the campus on Monday  He was trying to use a University emergency phone and had obvious cuts on his face.  We're told the cop asked Marks if anything was wrong, and Marks then lunged at him, striking him with a closed fist and then tried to grab his gun.

Our sources say the cop and two other officers tried to subdue the 26-year-old, 7'2" tall culinary runner-up ... to no avail.  They batoned and pepper sprayed him but it had no effect.  Marks broke free and started running.  Five cops subdued him in a resident's backyard.

Marks was taken to the hospital to treat his injuries.  We're told once in custody an officer asked him why he went off the rails, and he blamed it all on Gordon Ramsay.  Shockingly, we're told there was no evidence of drug use.

We're told doctors discovered bullet fragments in Marks' face from an unrelated incident.

Marks remains in the hospital, chained to a bed.  He's been charged with aggravated battery on a peace officer and attempting to disarm a peace officer -- both felonies.  If convicted, he faces a max of 14 years in prison.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

madeinromania

illuminati

Vic

What's a Peace Officer? A hippy?

shay1023

I would've went off the deep end too if I lost to a blind Chinese lady ijs good luck hope he gets the help he needs

Sassy

I feel for Josh, he was a finalist on Master Chef. I saw the series and Josh is a very good cook. His demeanor on the show was very pleasant. He was so good he was the runner up on the show. I do not know what happened to Josh to act this way, but to blame Chef Ramsay is totally uncalled for. I am sure he learned a great deal from his experience on MC to be able to nail a job as a chef. On MC there are three judges on this program, including Chef Ramsay, why Josh singled him out is beyond me. Now Josh you could have had a beautiful future, especialy after being a runner up on MC, but trashing one of the most famous Chef in the world, will haunt you forever, so sorry for you and your family. Now you are going to jail

OprahLovesMe

If that had been amanda Bynes she would have been escorted gingerly to a comfy spa-like mental institution. But of course he's Black so there has to be an arrest.... White people REALLY don't see a difference in how the justice system treats people?!?!?!

OprahLovesMe

So "they"say he lounged at them and tried to take their gun. That's totally believable. I mean he is black!

OprahLovesMe

George Zimmerman said the something of an unarmed teenager who he picked a fight with... The who beat his ass back. Then like a coward shot his gun.

seamus

Quit making it a race thing.

Courtney

I remember Josh from Master Chef and I am sorry to hear about his breakdown. I hope that he gets well soon.

Jo Mama

It sounds like the prison food will improve wherever he goes...

tarheel gramma

He made it through an entire season of Masterchef, suffered through tough pressure test,even was eliminated & by LUCK,competed & won his way back in. & there were NO drugs?!I don't understand, seriously. People with mental disorders CAN be treated & function BUT most always have "haldol head"∨ droopy sedated eyes etc. Either he took,was slipped something that didn't show on the tox screen, has head head trauma OR thyroid is screwed. This guy had it down, could create dishes,cook MASTERFULLY, under intense pressure...if I were his family/friend, he'd be going for test for sure. Worried no joke

tarheel gramma

Comments,THOUGHTS like yours, which you're so obviously proud of, are the ONLY reason I have to keep the "N" word in our dictionaries...people who think like YOU are examples of the original true definition.

Brownsugar

Chained to the bed....really Harvey. Let me see if I can find where you said the same about Britney

Sandy

I feel for Josh, he was a finalist on Master Chef. I saw the series and Josh is a very good cook. His demeanor on the show was very pleasant. He was so good he was the runner up on the show. I do not know what happened to Josh to act this way, but to blame Chef Ramsay is totally uncalled for. I am sure he learned a great deal from his experience on MC to be able to nail a job as a chef. On MC there are three judges on this program, including Chef Ramsay, why Josh singled him out is beyond me. Now Josh you could have had a beautiful future, specialy after being a runner up on MC, but trashing one of the most famous Chef in the world, will haunt you forever, so sorry for you and your family. Now you are going to jail, and for what?. If I'm not mistaken he had a little boy that meant the world to him
__________