« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

White Player Apologizes

for N-word Threat [Update]

7/31/2013 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

update_bar
2:54 PM PT --
The Eagles tell TMZ ... Cooper has been FINED for making the comments and "has accepted responsibility for his words and actions."

The team tells us, "This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society."

The Eagles did not specify the amount of the fine.

gray-bar-update
Philadelphia Eagles
wide receiver Riley Cooper -- who is white -- is begging for forgiveness after a video surfaced showing the 25-year-old threatening to fight "every n**ger" at a country music concert.

The video was shot June 9 during a Kenny Chesney concert in Philadelphia ... where a sleeveless Cooper turned to the camera and says, "I will jump that fence and fight every n**ger here.”

Now, after the video, which first appeared on CrossingBroad.com, began making the rounds on various websites, Cooper has released a statement saying, "I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself. I want to apologize."

"I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences.”

The Eagles had high hopes for Cooper going into the 2013 season -- and was expected to be a starter when the season kicks off in September.

It's unclear if this video will change those plans ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

billybob

Oh boy, don't get carried away with every single stupid word by some not so bright fellow. Jeez!!!!

verlinda

Give him the Paula Dean Treatment

CLINT

I'm pretty sure he won't be bashed like Paula Deen was. This country picks and chooses who they want to hate.

MONIQUE

He will have a GZ target on his back. Man down!!!!

chifred

He sounds like that racist dude on the chappelle show

MistaO

I absolutely detest the fact that sooo many people assume that all Black people use that word! Fools.

andre`

Its not OK to be said by no race. I think people feel differently when its used for hate instead of calling someone your homie. Im black and I don't used the word for hate or to introduce my friends because I have more words in my vocabulary to use.

Lane

Ain't nothing worse than what many black dudes have said about white guys... and they never get any flack for it.

moni

It was absolutely not ok what he said, it was disrespectful but the ones without sin/fault throw the first stone.

j

lol.... soooo tired of the " well, why can't a white person say it"...let me explain... n***a and n***er mean TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. Don't believe me... try it in a black crowd and wait for the reaction :) ---

blakspartan

Go to reverend ale and messy Jackson NAACP,, and apologize they speak and represent for all black people

Rude Boy

Be interesting to see the response he gets in the Eagles locker room, now.

tamtam

Is anyone not concerned that he said he would do this at a Kenny Chesney concert? Seriously! The guy in the Green Shirt's reaction is priceless. I would be offended but I am just confused. That is like saying you will fight every Vegan at a Steak House...not there Riley.

blakspartan

Watch out for the cornerbacks and strong safeties in the open field this season, they are gunning for you lol

karenjj

Someone tell me again how that Martin kid calling Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker" (the prosecution witness said) is not racist?