« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

White Player Apologizes

for N-word Threat [Update]

7/31/2013 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

update_bar
2:54 PM PT --
The Eagles tell TMZ ... Cooper has been FINED for making the comments and "has accepted responsibility for his words and actions."

The team tells us, "This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society."

The Eagles did not specify the amount of the fine.

gray-bar-update
Philadelphia Eagles
wide receiver Riley Cooper -- who is white -- is begging for forgiveness after a video surfaced showing the 25-year-old threatening to fight "every n**ger" at a country music concert.

The video was shot June 9 during a Kenny Chesney concert in Philadelphia ... where a sleeveless Cooper turned to the camera and says, "I will jump that fence and fight every n**ger here.”

Now, after the video, which first appeared on CrossingBroad.com, began making the rounds on various websites, Cooper has released a statement saying, "I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself. I want to apologize."

"I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences.”

The Eagles had high hopes for Cooper going into the 2013 season -- and was expected to be a starter when the season kicks off in September.

It's unclear if this video will change those plans ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

USArmy

I'm betting he doesn't get fired and the story won't be reported over and over and over again like the Paula Dean story. Media to include TMZ are a bunch of hypocrites.

nikatnite74

How many ******s were really at that concert?

lt1219

I don't understand why people apologize for the way they TRUELY feel. He only apologize because of the media.

gemini636

@Stiletto...You sound uneducated. Wonder why even foreigners like myself say stupid Americans. I came to this country, served in the Army (no citizenship required) then worked 30 years at the second largest federal agency. I have a Ph.D. and while I do not often share the same views with either side, I find the less educated whites to be more idiotic than any other (Americans). Own your hate (in the mirror). The rest of the world and Americans with global awareness are not interested in your bull. Educate yourself.

sistathick

Ok. Class is about to start. The "N" word for dummies 1002 yes f'uk 101, its been told a thousand times. Ni&&er dictionary "very stupid person" Whites "using it to get beat up" Black "using it because they need to expand their vocabulary" simple as that. Get over it who cares anymore really. Don't call ME out my name. We are awesome.

lt1219

Why do white people want to say the N word so bad? "If they say it we can"

Kelly

I sometimes giggle when people still say 'the N word'. Nut? Nonsense? Night? The wording just makes it sound like it's coming from a 1st grader who is afraid of getting in trouble by mom.

Tuna212

NFL is hypocritical. Bullsh+t. My white son played D1 College football and was constantly called n+++++ on the field. He said he heard players call each other that daily. Such BS.He was told by a player in practice that he was gonna break in his room and kill him,but nothing happened. Say a word said in rap,by african americans and all hell breaks loose.

chifred

There will always be this and other types of racist comments..including both black and white racist comments....very few get caught on tape....get over it as a society.....you can not let something so small get people so riled up....its not the end of the world...there will be racist people and comments today and twenty years from now...just push it off to the side or else the people who are saying these things are getting the best of you...especially drunk people who can only say these things when drunk

Msev87

I was at that concert. Wasted is not even the right word to describe him

Tammi

He's only apologizing because it was caught on camera. In reality he probably uses racial slurs all the time.

xfile71070

is he going to get the Paula Deen treatment as well, or just a slap on the wrist..

kimkardashisatrainwreck

I wouldn't apologize for saying it. The colored folk say it so can we.

I Can't With You People

Who are you again? Your not sorry so don't waste your breath.

I Can't With You People