Jack White

Slams Black Keys Singer

He's an A**hole Rip-Off

8/2/2013 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802-jack-white-dan-auerbach-email
Jack White
DETESTS The Black Keys -- in particular BK singer Dan Auerbach -- and the confession was made in the middle of Jack's very nasty divorce.

Jack's wife Karen Elson submitted a bunch of emails to a judge, claiming he was a threat to her safety.  Frankly, we've read the emails and they're not that threatening, but what really stands out is Jack's venom over Dan and the band.

Jack is clearly pissed his kids are being enrolled in the same school as Dan's kid, writing, "My concern with Auerbach is because I don't want the kids involved in any of that crap ... That's a possible twelve f***ing years I'm going to have to be sitting in kids chairs next to that a**hole with other people trying to lump us in together."

He adds, "[Auerbach] gets yet another free reign to follow me around and copy me and push himself into my world."

Check out the emails, and then tell us who Jack hates more -- Karen or Dan.

0802_rocking_out_footer

lazypadawan

Huh? There weren't any threats in those e-mails.

lookItsMegRyan

Awesome.

Jackzilla

Guy, to get a temporary restraining order, all you have to do is say you are in fear. Then there is a hearing where a judge will hear both sides and decide to issue a final order or not. You can get a TRO very easily because the law side would rather be safe than sorry. If there weren't any threats, and if there is no cause for fear of harm, the judge will dismiss it.

gotchagomo

Jack's a has-been who just can't give up his alterna-king throne. Oh, and his music sucks.

Whocares

Jack sux! Overrated band of the last decade.

Denese

I understand how Jack feels, but don't EVER communicate directly with an ex during divorce proceedings. Do everything thru attorneys. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the ex and her lawyers are bringing up Jack's old arrest for beating up that guy from the Von Bondies a few years ago and that he had to go to anger management classes. I think he's kind of naive to keep harping on their "verbal agreement" tho. That kind of thing never holds up.

Daltongirl

White has built a career on being a rip off. What he does goes way beyond influence. I like some of his stuff but he is not the guitar player he thinks he is and his voice gets repetitive. The Black Keys on the other hand, I find refreshing. But seriously, there are only so many variations on stomp blues rock.

BellaBoo

Um. ALL OF THOSE make Jack look like the reasonable one. WTF.

Denese

Other entertainment news agencies are reporting she got the restraining order and they have to go to court at the end of this month over child custody. Being English, I wonder if the problem is her wanting to take the kids back to England to live with her and she is saying Jack is a danger to try and influence the judge in her favor?

Absurdity

I saw absolutely no threat in any if this mess. Frankly it appeared to be 100% inconsequential to a divorce proceeding and absolutely looked like a money grubbing lawyer was trying to fuel the fire but submitting these emails as some silly "exhibits"- hoping someone, somewhere could twist something here into something. But it's benign.

marina

I wish I can see his email...

marina

I wish I can see his email address...

Double Bubble

The fact that TMZ is posting copies of confidential emails between people and lawyers and whoever else, is disturbing and pretty fkn disgusting.. I realize this site is about tasteless garbage 100% of the time but this is beyond that.

Gary

I read the emails....where is the harassment part? The judge should be embarrassed for issuing a restraining order. The Judge should be checked for a brain. If she thinks thats a threat then she better stay out of Detroit.

double d

jack's voice sounds like a cat getting raped. im pretty sure the only thing he rules is ****. get a tan and some shampoo.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments