Terrence Howard

Accused of Beating Ex-Wife

8/5/2013 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0805_terrance_michelle_howard_tmz_getty
Terrence Howard has been accused by his ex-wife of beating her badly during a heated argument in Costa Rica ... TMZ has learned.

Michelle Ghent -- who divorced Terrence in May but hooked up with him again recently ... took a trip with Terrence and several of his family members to Costa Rica last week.  Sources say an argument erupted and she claims Terrence beat her up.

We've learned Terrence claims Michelle maced him, his adult daughter and another family member.  Police were called and reports were taken.

Sources say Terrence made up the mace story to cover his brutality.  Other sources connected to Terrence say Michelle is lying about the actor physically abusing her.

We've learned Michelle is going to court in an attempt to get a restraining order ... forcing Terrence to stay clear of her.

TMZ previously reported ... Michelle has accused Terrence of slugging her in the face and neck.  She also claimed the brutality started just 7 days after they were married.

0805_terrence_howard_sub_inf

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Melly

He has a little pee pee. If you don't believe me watch get rich or die trying shower scene. Smh its microscopic I kid u not. He's probably trying to compensate for that. I don't think he is all that great of an actor. He plays the same characters and when he talks in interviews he sounds very funny lol.

LaCarlisSoSexxy23

Just saying this is not a race issue but if you want we can go there... I am black and yes black males will put their hands on their woman not all of them but some of them do. But while some of you people are bringing up killing, thats what the white and mexican men are known to do to their women. Just saying u rarely find a episode on I.D channel where its a black man who has killed his wife and kids. Just saying.

GardeniaRose

This isn't the first time he's been outed for beating women. Terrance Howard is a piece of garbage. There is a list of garbage actors I have zero respect for. T.H. is one of them and has been for years. I'm just surprised he never got the Chris Brown treatment (being recognized as the country's douche wad).

Doug

Movie Stars are legally allowed to beat their wives. Look up the Supreme Court decision Bassinger v Baldwin

Dee

Ain't this the same check that has the affinity for using the "N" 294#""

Mei

Why are so many assuming that she is telling the truth and that she is the victim here? As a woman, and an old one to boot, I seriously doubt that she was the vicitim. Why was she even on the trip? She did divorce him and I gather no longer wanted to be with him. What was it....the free trip that she wanted? My money is on her as the abuser. Since none of us was there...well we just do not knwo for sure do we??

shelow

and who the he!!! are these people??????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6