Terrence Howard's Ex

He Sucker Punched Me

8/6/2013 3:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0806_michelle_ghent_terrance_howard_black_eye_tmz_article_launch
Terrence Howard
's ex-wife filed legal docs with a graphic allegation -- that the actor sucker punched her in the face, grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall.

In the docs -- obtained by TMZ -- Michelle Ghent alleges the brutality occurred during a trip last week to Costa Rica.  She says the fight started after she told Terrence she had no interest in firing up a relationship with him -- they divorced in May.

Michelle says after Terrence hit her, he glared at her and walked over to a bedside table where he kept 2 curved knives -- 4-6 inches in length.

Michelle says she panicked and then pepper sprayed him.  At that point she claims Terrence knocked her down and then kicked her repeatedly in the head.

In addition to the black eye, Michelle says she suffered contusions and swelling.

And, she says, he referred to a prior warning he had given her on a trip to Bora Bora -- threatening to kill her.

For his part, Terrence claims in his legal docs that she made up the story to damage him, timing it for his movie premiere of "The Butler."  Terrence claims she threatened to kill him and he believes she's serious.  He also says she's been admitted to a psych hospital in the past.

Michelle got a temporary restraining order Tuesday, requiring Terrence to stay clear of her.

Mattie

What is with those artistic shots? I can't armchair judge if it's make up or a real bruise!

wtf

that's odd. he doesn't look like the kind of guy who would beat his wife. does he?

DucNut

First mistake: Never, EVER take a broad to Costa Rica.....that's like taking sand to the beach.....should have been a boys only trip....

Second mistake: He should have sent her off to some all day long jungle safari or zip line tourist crap where she was going to be gone until mid night or something and THEN he could have headed over to check out the hot broad action at the Cocal.....(Beatle Bar has been dead for years)....she probably came home early and busted him in the sack with 2 hot Columbian broads and all hell broke loose......just sayin'

Mick Kahler

Um, I'm no expert but I think Michelle might want to find a new traveling companion.

sowhat

why are these photos in black and white. Is it because she doesn't want to see that the bruises may be fake? ??
something is fishy about this.
there is no doubt in mind that they got into a fight and no doubt that he may have been the aggressor however; she seems to be looking to dramatize and exaggerate the injuries for ultimate revenge.

JiLL1

Wow, that looks bad. I believe her although WTF is she doing back with that prick. Abusers don't change unless they put in a lot of work & time in therapy.

RealAsTheyCome!

I could wipe off 99% of that beating with a tissue!!!!

jflub

I would love to know how TMZ "obtained" these photos. Most women who are abused don't want phoos of said abuse out there for everyone to see. I got choked once and had nice bruising on my neck; make excuses and refused to go to the hospital because I didn't want to get him in trouble. This doesn't smell right.

lolwutzzz

I mean, here face DOES kinda look like a bag...

Cichlidae

"grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall"
But there is no bruising on her neck. Or at least no photos showing it. If it was forceful enough to physically throw her, there should be some serious bruising.

"kicked her repeatedly in the head"
Yet she only has one small black eye? In the other pictures, where she is showing her elbow/forehead, I cant see any injury that would result from repeated kicks, or even a single mild one.

Italia

This is a horribly toxic couple who really need to leave each other alone! Why is he inviting her to Costa Rica if she's that bad, and why on earth would she go if he's that bad? That is NOT love!

mznicc

Ooohhhh, look at my owwie! I only got a bicycle in our divorce settlement and that's not enough to pay the bills so I went on a vacation with my ex to start a fight and get beat up so that I can take pictures and send them to tmz and get a lawyer and get paid! BITCH please! Abuser... He may be but a dumb ass YOU are because he has a history of being a lil too hands on and if I had a prelude to a certain situation, I'd for sure take heed in marrying a former abusive husband! He's got issues but so does she!

The Executives Wife

It's hard to feel bad for her.

IN MY OPINION

TMZ is there a police report from Costa Rica?

WLou

Sounds like they deserve each other. She is crazy to travel with a man who beat her and this arrogant loser is a coward for putting his hands on her. He is getting old and probably can't hold an erection!