Usher's Son

The Frantic

911 Call

8/6/2013 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

080613_usher_son_911_launch
TMZ has obtained the 911 call placed by Usher's aunt moments after the singer's 5-year-old son nearly drowned in a pool ... in which she begs the operator to send help ASAP.

Usher's aunt Rena Oden is in hysterics during the call, telling the 911 dispatcher, "My nephew was in the pool. He went and I couldn't get him. I tried to get him. They did CPR on him."

During the call, she says the boy is breathing after receiving CPR.

At one point during the call, you can hear a child -- presumably the boy's 4-year-old brother -- saying the kid is faking his injury. Rena sternly corrects him, saying he is NOT faking.

As we reported, the boy is currently in the ICU at an Atlanta hospital. Usher and his ex-wife Tameka, the boy's mother, are currently at the hospital.

chaozz

Come on TMZ remove the address and phone number.

Ummm..

Wow... A child almost died and the things I have already read are sickening... My prayers to Usher and Tameka and their little boy... Tameka has already lost a child due to water... I pray this doesn't happen again...

Jody

Why on earth wasn't there a drain guard?

Karvey Kardashian

This woman has experienced such awful things the past couple of years, and it is so sad that her son is in the ICU. I don't know how she's endured, or how other parents, like her, continue putting one foot in front of the other after losing a child. My friend died when we were 17 as the vehicle she and her younger sister were in was crushed by a drunk driver's truck landing on it. The guy flipped his vehicle over the center divide of a freeway and landed on her car. Oddly enough her older brother had died 4 years earlier when he was hit by a drunk driver. The youngest of the three of them survived with several breaks to both arms and legs and she was in a coma for over a month. She survived because her seat was completely reclined and she had been sleeping. She awoke when she heard her sister scream. Her parents were more protective of the girls and it only got worse after burying their second child. They blame their decision to let the girls go out that day, and I imagine that Tameka does that with her son's death. As much as I dislike Usher, I imagine he is feeling some guilt about this situation. Maybe this tragedy will help them put the bs behind them and work together as parents.

Lamanamanumi

Not one parent was around when the first kid died and no parent was around when this little kid drowned. Rich People Problems I guess.

Helen

and these people are ok with TMZ letting the world hear their personal address and phone number?

Helen

maybe its time usher and his family take a hint and keep their kids away from water.

Lisa

TMZ how could you post that w/o beeping her address and phone number. Jerks.

I'm happy he's okay.

Los Pepes

Real losesr actually listen to the call

Jessy

Praise the Lord that he's okay!

Amy H

Good job TMZ at censoring the video for the address and phone number. In your rush to get this "breaking news" up you just released his private information. Its too late now because there are plenty of nut jobs who stalk your site that have already taken down the information. I'm sure the aunt's phone is going off the hook right now while she is sitting wait to find out how her nephew is. Good job you guys are jerks.

adore76

Now why haven't you beeped out the address and phone number?...smh

Ali

Didn't they loose a child a year or so ago? this is horrible. They aren't having luck with their kids. I hope this little boy is okay and I think it's time for them to hire multiple nannies 24/7 to watch these kids.

Anytime a child is in a pool there must be an adult around who can swim! I feel badly for the Auntie and I know she didn't do anything wrong, but if he has a lot of kids, he needs a staff to watch them. He certainly can afford it.

shakedoggy

their kids keep dying because they aren't given anything constructive to do. if they were in skool like normal kids then they woodnt be dying with such frequency. they have too much time and money on their damn hands!

jpinPHX

Wait.... the aunt saw a toy at the bottom of the pool so she sent her 5 year old nephew to dive down 6+ feet to get it? And something bad happened??? How foreseeable is this... People that can't swim or know basic CPR shouldn't supervise children around water.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments