'Sandlot' Star

Arrested for Headbutting Cop

You're Killin' Us Smalls!!!

8/7/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0806_Thomas-Guiry_article_wm_mug-shot
"Sandlot" star Tom Guiry (who played Smalls in the movie) has taken the name "Colossus of Clout" to a new level -- law enforcement sources tell TMZ.   He was arrested for headbutting a cop ... after trying to kick him in the face.

The story is crazy.  We're told Guiry was at Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston over the weekend when a United Airlines employee concluded he was too drunk to fly.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the employee contacted an airport cop, who approached Guiry and gave him two options: a public intoxication arrest, or the drunk tank.

Guiry then  made a terrible mistake -- allegedly becoming belligerent and verbally abusive ... and even threatening the officer.  Guiry then allegedly tried kicking the cop in the face and then scored a headbutt.

0806_guiry_sandlot_fox_article_sub
Guiry was taken down and cuffed ... and booked for felony assault on a police officer. We're told the officer's injuries were minor.

Guiry posted $5,000 bail and was released.

We reached out to Guiry's people ... no comment.

0806_sandlot_footer

Bridget

I loved "Sandlot" when I was a kid. He was good in "Mystic River" too. I hope he gets his act together. Nothing screams drinking problem like drunkenly head butting a cop at the airport.

al s

I hope his fine and token jail sentence costs him a heluva lot more than the Bsil amount. Nobody should EVER lay their hands on a cop!

wendywoo

what a tool......

Crymeariver

Brando- yes you have a point! But I live n a border town near Mexico, people there kill, rape, murder in the streets, decapitate heads right in front of citizens. The middle east, that our smoke & mirrors prez is trying to fight with our troops, they rape, pillage, throw acid in women's faces, kill rape victims for being raped by killing. Then we have gangs in our own country killing each other of all races. Then north Korea. Then the Russian mobs. And the Asian gangs, who have no fear in violence. So it's not one race, it's bad apples everywhere! Thank you for your opionion. It just helps to broaden horizons.

Patooti

I've never met a cop who doesn't deserve at least that much.

ed

Never beleive "what cops say".

jaytee

Is this worth reporting?

TIM

He gets off with a $5000 bail???? what is that? $50 up front?
Assault on a police officer ONLY GETS $5000? I would have thought $1,000,000. Remanded to federal custody. AND put on a no-fly list!
was this a case of "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM????" and a donation?

Gayle WY

Take note: I am 64 (of course young for my age), I had an officer throw me down 2 times on the asphalt and one time against the cop car. I was trying to get my border collie so he would not attack the officer.
I had to plead guilty or go to jail!!!! for 3 - 6months. So much for the police state of NY. So that night I got a better understanding of "Pig" oh and I spent the night in Jail.

ROCKO

I MADE THIS STORY HAPPEN! I KNOW THE COP MR. GUIRY HEADBUTTED! THANKS TMZ! ...YO!

carole

I remember him as a little boy growing up in my town in NJ. So sad to see him ruining his rep. and destroying any further career he might have.

michael

You're killing me Smalls.

michael

You're killing me Smalls!

Star

I'm sure it was a good reason ???

Anonymouse